Yes folks, the R word. I hate it, but I must have it. I despise it, but I am happy I have it. It is the dreaded "Restart". I am doing this about every 3 days, and I get mad at myeslf, but then I think, hey, look, at least I am restarting, and not giving up. I missed my long run on saturday, I need to try to get it done today. Which means 4 miles on the treadmill which SUCKS. I may see if my neighbor will watch the little boys while I go run outside. Its 65 beautiful degrees, for crying out loud! I would be a crime to run indoors.
Mark leaves for Panama in 4 days. He'll be gone till Thanksgiving. He's gonna roll in thursday morning. Yeah, I'm just a LITTLE jealous. Its like the worst possible time for him to leave (it always is), his pigeon control business is really starting to roll so I hate to see him take a week off right now. But, his ticket is bought and paid for and this guy that is sending him down is counting on him to be there, so he can't really not go. Plus, His dad and Brother live there and he wants to see him and the nieces and nephews, since its been about 2 years. As long as he leaves me in good shape money-wise, I will be fine. I'll be singe-momin' it for a week, but its a little fun. I can fix what I want for dinner, get some reading done that I REALLLY need to get going on, The house is so much cleaner when he's gone cuz he's not here distracting me and wanting me to sit and watch TV every night. Plus, less laundry. Hahaha well, I'm gonna miss him.
I offered to teach a class at church about nutrition and fitness. Not because I am so good at nutrition and fitness, oh, no but I noticed that out of about 150 ladies I go to church with, there are about 5 (mabye) who are not 30+ pounds overweight the majority are 50+ over. I didn't say that was WHY I volunteered, and I suggested it to one of the thinner ladies whos in charge of setting that stuff up. I think I can put a pretty good church-spin on it. Anyway, mabye it seems rude of me but really, its a problem. Its not healthy. All of us don't drink or party so we have to stuff our problems down wiht big macs and chocolate. Yikes. Anyway, I am going to use the posibility of teaching that class as motivation, I need to practice what I preach, right? I don't want to be a hypocrite.
Projects completed this weekend:
Sanded picnic table/benches
Sanded and refinished kitchen table
Cleaned entire house
Had friends over for dinner
Planned budget
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

4 comments:
restarts CAN be effective as long as you don't wait too long such as on Wednesday say "I'll start on Monday" and then have a nice sugar bender for the next four days... ummm kind of like _I_ did ;)
I hear ya ond the good/bad of the sweetie being out of town. When mine is gone I think of ALL these things I'm going to do while he's gone that I might not get done while he's home... of course I end up missing him so much that my evenings are spent either chatting to him on the computer - or on the phone instead of me getting all those things done...
Awsome about the church group - sounds like you might have some fun and change some lives while your at it :)
Another Monday restart here!!!!!!!!
And I AM NOT RESTARTING AGAIN!!!!!!
I hope.......
Personally, I don't use the word "restart" for challenges. Technically, I've restarted several times within this, my 2nd challenge. But it's just easier for me to keep counting the weeks along, 1-12, until I reach the end. When I get to the end, I'll know why I didn't get the results I wanted, b/c of all the workouts I missed. Then, it's time for an actual restart to challenge 3. Otherwise, I may never make it through a challenge with all of these restarts.
Still, I understand how some people would need to say "okay, and now RESTART, beginning day ONE, right now". To each his own.
In any case, good luck with your restart! I know you can follow through! :)
Restarting is just fine. You can run four miles consecutively ... something's going right!
Post a Comment