Tuesday, November 22, 2005

realization and a change in plans...

I went online to register for the Turkey Trot last night and found out that the 10K part dosn't start till 9am! WHAT???? That is NOT gong to work as we are eating at 1. I just can't pull that off. SO I'm sitting there totally crushed, seriously I felt like Santa forgot me or something! Seriously, I've been trying to run theis for 2 years now and havn't made it! I feel like an idiot because I keep talking about it but I never get to do it! BUT.... as I was surfing around I found something else to run in instead! Its the Irongirl in Tempe and theres like a 5K, and 5 mile and a 10 mile. Its on Dec 3, so only have ot wait a week and a half. It looks like a lot of fun. So I feel better. Anyone want to do the 5 miler with me?? 5k is no big thing, and the 10 mile may be a little out of my league. SO I AM still gonna do it, just not on Thanksgiving. I am still a little disapointed because I probably know 20 people who are running and I won't be able to be there but its OK. The Irongirl goes around Tempe Town Lake and it should be gorgeous. Plus I love the name!! It sounds so much cooler! HAHAHA

Update on the TV apearance:
It was on, but I didn't see it since I don't have Fox sports either! LOL But my friend recorded it for me so hopefully I will see it soon. I wish there was a way to link the video here! OH well I'm sure there is I am just too computer-stupid! LOL She said I'm on for about 4 minutes. AHH!

Now that I am not running thursday, I have gained about half a day as far as accomplishing what I wanted to do which is nice. (I am trying hard not to add to the list) but yesterday I ripped out a bunch of big nasty bushes in my front yard and replaced them with red hibiscus bushes. It looks SO GOOD! Mark won't even believe it. Oh my gosh it looks so much better!!! And my grass is looking sa-weet! My new planted seed is all up and nice and thick. Rock and Roll!! Then last night I cleaned out all the kitchen cupboards and vacuumed out the crumbs and made everything all clean and pretty. Today is laundry room, front room and back porch. Wooo hooo I am on track to finish and be able to relax on Thursday. I was actually able to get the oil changed WHILE I was at the gym yesterday! LOL There is an Econo-lube in the same parking lot. Tomorrow I am having the boys go play at friend house and I'm getting my nails done. I am so excited. I deserve it after ripping out all those fricken bushes yesterday! well I better get down to busy-ness here. Have a great day!! :)

6 comments:

Lori said...

WOW, I wish I was as motivated to clean house as you. I need to spend an entire day doing that. I used to do that type of thing...every Saturday morning I would spend about 3 hours on my house. NOT any more. My schedule is too jacked up and my free time I have better things for now.

How come you were on TV?\

Lori

PartTimeMom said...

the Irongirl sounds like GREAT fun. I wish I was nearby and could run it with you (not that I could do a 5 Miler - YET)

I'm so impressed with your cleaning abilities - wow! I love Thanksgiving and all but I'm lucky if I get everything shoved in one of the closets before everyone gets there... hehehe. That's alright I dazzle them with my culinary talents (and give them LOTS of booze) so they won't notice that I only open the door a 'little' big and slam it quickly when hanging up thier coats.

Tracey said...

Still trying to add to your list of projects huh?

Well good thing you've got the crumbs out of those cupboards!!! Imagine what you're Thanksgiving guests would say while their routing around thru your cupboards during dinner. I hope you've got those soup cans in alphabetical order. Don't be thinkin of having something done for yourself until thats done.

Gotta share a funny story; its for girls "like us". Phone conversation with my mom once when she's preparing for such company.

Mom: You know I really think I'm totally loosing my mind

Me: whys that?

Mom: well I'm in the fridge rearranging stuff, I've pulled every bluddy thing out of the fridge, and Trace I just about screamed

Me: why, what exactly was YOUR PROBLEM?????

Mom: I've got everything out of the fridge, I'm huffing & puffing and you'd think I could get that DAMN TOASTER to fit in there

We were howling. Goes to show you - you really can turn into a nutcase!

And you Janel honey, are off to a fine start!!!!! NOW GET THOSE SOUP CANS IN ORDER!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap Janel.....you are going at it non-stop. Yeah..the Irongirl sounds way more "you" than the Turkey Trot (hee hee). I would love to run it with you...but I think that is on the day that Jim and I are getting married. You have a great day...and enjoy your nail job!! Happy Thaksgiving girl!! Dede

Pamela said...

Janel You never cease to AMAZE me girl!! I know you've been gearing for this Turkey Trot.. & I'm happy you could find a "cool" replacement! LOL! ;) REALLY glad it frees you up some time to do more INSANE things !! LOL !
damn Girl ! catch your breath!

..well at least enjoy your time getting your nails done :) ... then maybe this weekend you should put on your "fancy new" jeans & take Kim up on her offer!! ;)

Take care & have a Wonderful Thanksgiving-- I know everyone will be as impressed as those of us just HEARING about it! :)

Lala*

Colorado Kid said...

Okay.... I will wait for an up-date on the run in December... I wish you the best and remember as you run, we may not be there in body , but your tracker buddies are with you in spirit!!!! Good luck!

Casey