WARNING!!! THIS POST WILL PROBABLY STRESS YOU OUT! IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO ADD TO YOUR STRESS LEVEL TODAY, I WOULD PASS ON READING HERE TODAY. I'LL PUT SOMETHING ELSE UP THATS MORE FUN TOMORROW!
***************************************************************************
Anyone else feeling anxious these days?? Seriously. I usually like to keep my blog silly and fun and kind of....lalala but honestly, I am somewheat freaked out about the economy. I just heard that the congress didn't pass the bailout. Which is so funny that hearing that made my stomach sink, because I really didn't want them to pass it. Just the other day, I had listened to Ron Paul (who I trust as a businessman at least,) on Glenn Beck (who I normally do not listen to, although I probably should)and I was all gung ho not to bail out Wall street. If their main argument is that the banks won't lend any more credit for houses and cars, credit cards, etc, I'm thinking, GREAT! I think America could use a good dose of reality and everyone can make do with our 3 year old cars and be happy where we are in our living situations. And we CERTAINLY don't need to be handing out any more credit cards to ANY one, I don't care who you are. I agree with him that it will make it a really rough year or so, but in the long run we will be better off. So yes, I was (am) still against the bailout. I also felt like it was one of those old boys clubs, just like in the Iraq war. "Lets get this project passed through based on what MIGHT happen, because everyone is so freaked out they will go along with anything. Then we can make some serious money in the process".
On the flip side, we have a friend in Argentina who has seen the money there devalue so bad its just unreal. Something like the import taxes were so jacked up the farmers couldn't import anything into the city, so produce, chicken, milk, etc were just getting literally dumped on the side of the road and not even getting to the people. If we think something like that can't happen here, we are crazy. Mabye not to that extreme, but I don't think we will be too thrilled to pay 20 bucks for a gallon of milk or whatever. I'm truly hoping that when gov't officials say things will get "really really bad" if we don't pass the bailout, they are just exaggerating because it's part of their agenda. Yikes.
And on another hand, I feel slightly hypocritical because I just took advantage of the fallout that caused all of this, the housing market. We just paid less than half of what this house was worth at one point. So really, we were helping the situation, right??
So what is the bottom line?? Can I do anything about this situation?? Yes and no. I'm trying to look at what we as a family have working for us. A recession proof job, firstly. And life insurance. OK. We have worked hard to stay away from debt, although we do have a little, and we live below our means. I think my focus over the next couple weeks is going to be getting our 3 month supply of food and stuff. I already had been doing it, but I mean, like, be done getting it. Right now, my stomach is in a big clump and I'm thinking mabye not turn on the news today. As soon as Mark gets up I think its time for a family strategy session. Hope I didn't freak anyone out. I warned ya! And if you think I am totally out to lunch or a totally idiot, you could be right. It dosent' help that I watched the movie the Day After Tomorrow and Chicken Little all within 2 days of each other. :D
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

6 comments:
We watched Chicken Little yesterday too, he he. Speaking of wanting to puke...my 401K (retirement account) that I had mainly invested in stocks...has decreased in value almost six grand in the last couple of months!
Well, I thought I could handle your post, but now I am so sick to my stomach again today too. I am just so thankful at this point in time that Michael has a job that will not be affected by the economy! Mark too! Although, my mom and I were just talking today about planting a garden just to have and I think a 3 month supply of food is a great thing to have always!
Just a few nights ago, Greg and I were talking all about what you have been feeling. I think there are many people feeling the crunch. Real Estate her is the pits! That's our income, but it all works out. We have been blessed in ways that are unexplainable. Insurance, don't even get me started, up to $900 a month with less coverage..Yikes, but we stay strong and keep adding to our food storage and try and live below our means, not TOO much to worry about. I really enjoy you blog.
I am so stressed. I don't know how it will affect us -- but I'm sure nervous.
Thanks guys! Welcome, Misty! :D
I'm glad that you talked about what's going on, because I want to a lot, but posts like this aren't super popular, and I worry about all the varied opinions. Nevertheless, I'm glad you shared, because I think the same things quite a bit. I think Ron Paul has great insight, and he has a great record of defending the constitution. I wish the media hadn't clearly pushed him outta the pres. race. Food storage and being prepared sure helps to bring peace of mind though. After we do all we can do, then we deal with it and rely on the Lord, right? :)
Post a Comment