Tonight for FHE we went out to the park to play some wiffle ball and there was this little white poodl-ey dog, lost, tail so far between her legs she was scraping the ground with her butt. She was just running around, sniffing anybody and scared to death. She let me pick her up and we walked around the neighborhood to try to find her owner (no collar). It was getting dark and after an hour no one was claiming her so we took her home. Now, if you know me at ALL you know that I am a
non pet person. Sorry to all the PETA people, I believe animals are great and have spirits and personalities and deserve respect, but they are animals and therefore a step below people. Just a small step. ANYWAY I could no way leave this little dog out in the park in the dark, so we took her home. All the while I'm telling the kids, just till we find the owners, don't get too attatched, blah blah blah. So we carry this dog home (SO cute, let me hold her like a baby over mmy shoulder, perfectly happy) and we gave her some water and some chicken and she chilled at the house with us for about an hour. The kids were having so much fun with her. We even gave her a temporary name, "Scuffy". So the owner calls, they'd been out knocking doors looking for her, and one of the houses we had been by to search out the owner was one of Sadies friends so they gave them our number. Sad. They came over and picked her up. It was their moms dog, so they were worried about her. Oh well, it looks like she has a good home and is very well spoiled. The kids handled it well, they understood that is was a grandma's dog and she would miss it. The saddest one was Wyatt, before bed tonight he has been a little upset, he misses the dog. When we had her he kept saying "oh, I just love this cute dog. She's so cute!! I LOVE her!" So, yeah, sad. Tonight when we said prayers they all said thank you that "baby" (that was her name) had a good home with a grandma and that she would be safe. Awwwww. Sadie had the cute idea to take a picture with her so that we'd always remember her. Awwwwwww!!!!

I had been calling Mark at work all night giving him the play by play and now even he's dissapointed that he won't get to see "Scuffy" tonight when he gets home.
And no, we won't be going to the local shelter to find a replacement. Sorry! But I'll miss little Scuffy.
3 comments:
That picture is so cute of the kids. You guys need a dog to complete the full on All American household. :) My bro just got a lab puppy this weekend. SoooOOOO cute!! And my sister in laws each got shihtzu puppies a couple weeks ago. We are loving all our puppy time.
Knowing that you are indeed a non-pet person I am very proud of you that you 1) actually picked her up 2)knocked on doors and 3)let her into your house!!! Maybe you are a pet person way way way deep inside...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a great day!!
Post a Comment