Well at least at my house it is. Yes, it is still really hot outside but I saw pumpkins for sale at Walmart, so guess what....It's FALL to me. I went ahead and decorated anyway. I'm not as bad as my neighbor, they put out full-on Halloween decor last weeknd. Thats even too much for me. But don't hink I wasn't tempted!! :D
For anyone who missed our Housewarming.....it was great. I was so touched that so many people made the journey out. The kids had fun, and so did we. How could we not?? :D
My other big project besides decorating was puting my hair salon together. I'm still mssing a shampoo bowl, but I'm hoping to have it really soon. I am So lucky to have a bedroom downstairs that was perfect to convert. Of course I was doing a TON of hair in my kitchen, and now that I have the space I haven't really been that busy, but I go in cycles, so it will come back around in a couple weeks. Heres the before and after:


Mark stained the concrete and sealed it, it looks really cool. Then I just painted and put everythig in there the next day. I LOVE it. I have been doing hair in my kitchen for 12 years, and I am so thrilled to have a place to work finally. YAY!!!!!
My training update: I have finally gotten up to running almost 2 miles straight. I will be starting my official training on Monday. I had to build up to that first. Mabye i'll start posting my weekly training schedule here so everyone can keep tabs on me. I HAVE to start eating better as well, mbye if I fueled up properly, I'd perform a little better. And by that I mean, not totally SUCK.
OK time to run kids around, I better scoot.

12 comments:
I Love! Your Hair Salon!!! Love it! Mark did a really good job!
Love the hair salon! Very impressed! Wish I could have seen it in person at the homewarming party..we were so bummed that we could not go! Michael said something about a Christmas Party??!!! Would love to get the boys together again soon! Cannot wait to see more house pictures!!!
It turned out so beautiful! I love it!!!!!!! Yeah no more kitchen. Just kidding!! keep going on your running!!! that's such a great goal for you!
Holy moly your salon is awesome. Where was Mark when I wanted to stain my floors in our old house? Seriously it looks awesome! Congrats on the no more kitchen hairdo's!
That room is so cute! That is awesome, girl!
=)
You are always so busy! Where do you find this energy?! I've been without a computer for a few days so I'm finally catching up. Love your room. I'll have to have you do my hair when I come down. Love you! Mom
Love it! And we had a blast, by the way. Thanks again!
So we'll keep tabs on each other okay?! Today I tested myself out to see if I could run two miles today, and some how I was able to whip out over three with energy to spare! I was so surprised. Needless to say I'm defintely pumped to keep going. Thanks for the inspiration!
Fantastic space for your salon! Congratulations!
Check out our blog. We gave you an award!
Janel, sorry we missed the party. I swear I don't know where my head is. The salon looks amazing! I still want to see the house. I also want to thank you for inspiring me to start running. I've run two miles every day this week! Thanks again!
I peaked in your blog...Love your salon We miss getting our haircut by you. I miss working out with you to. I heard about your run go girl! There is a marathon in St.george I am going to try next year! You should come do it with me! our blog is...
rogers7.blogspot.com
miss you guys Dori Rogers
janel- I am so excited for you and your new salon! You will love having your own dedicated space shampoo and all!!! Good job mark on your floor, I love the yellow. I didn';t see the rest of your house pictures in the blog, any idea where they are? Congrats again from your fellow hair sister!!! Love ya, Jenn
Post a Comment