Thursday, August 03, 2006

There goes my weekend

I know I am such a whiner. I'm just a little...put out, I know its my own stupid attitude, and I will be fine and happy but I just gotta say........

Dang it my stupid brother!!!!!!!! I need to nicer, but OK, I'm still pissed a little. Short background.....He's basically a single dad (because his x-wife is a selfish loser)and he's doing his best, but.......He is going SURFING with his friends and wants me to watch his 3 year old daughter for the weekend (this is happeneing every 6 weeks now). Oh- but he has to catch his flight right after work, so I need to watch her all day friday, and he has to go to work early, so its either bring her over at 5:15 AM tomorrow or tonight to spend the night. He couldn't have planned that a little better?? I feel SO taken advantage of. I make him pay me, just out of principal, and because there would be no trading of babysitting, and its just so he can go screw around and drink. But I still feel guilty, because its family. I KNOW he thinks, "you've got 5, whats one more?" Which seems true, but its NOT!!!! She's not really naughty or anything (usually)but she just gets the boys so hyper, the running, screaming, playing, extra messes, she dosent really like to wear clothes, and I really can't go ANYWHERE with 3 preschoolers. And Mark is out of town, which tanks, and I will have to take her to church (which she needs, I don't mind that) but its just like, I have a lot to do and going on, it just adds MORE. And I feel bad because I let her sleep in Sadie's room, and Sadie gets tired of her after a while. GAAAAAAAAHHHH! I'm finally getting rid of my moms stupid DOG I've been babysitting for 2 weeks and now I get an actual extra kid. CRAP! OH well, nothing I can do but suck it up. Dammit!!!!! I think I need some cleaning therapy.

Which brings me to rant #2. (3 total for the day now, lovely) The DOG!!!!! I am so glad to be getting rid of this dog today. He's a nice dog, he dosent' really bark, he dosent jump (he's too fat) just lays around all day, but its the HAIR. This is the sheddingest dog E V E R!!!! Big GLOBS of hair everywhere. Its aobut 4 inches long and black. I have all light tile and carpet, I sweep it all up (as best as I can)and vacuum, 3 hours later, hair globs everywhere. We brushed him, still hairy. I am gonna have to spend hours cleaning out all the floor areas of all my closets because big clumps of dog hair are in all my closets. its all in the little metal things that hold the closet doors on track. and the baseboards. Any litle drop of sticky liquid that gets on the tile is instantly coagulated with black dog hair. Its about to drive me to madness. I finally gave up yesterday, he's leaving tonight, I'm not gonna waste precious computer time vacuuming dog hair that will just reappear. AAACCCKKK!! Sorry dog people, I just can't jive with the dog thing.

9 comments:

Jen said...

OMG! LOL! I'm sorry but the dog hair is too funny. I like dogs but I can't handle dogs that shed. My GF has a black lab and a white couch. It's a bad combination cuz the dog rubs along the front of the couch and it's covered in short black dog hair. EUW.

Maybe you should have a chat with your bro to get things off your chest and make him more aware of what he's doing. Just cuz he pays you doesn't make it right.

smilingsarahbear said...

Janel... I totally know what it feels like to be taken advantage of by family. In my case it's my family-in-law. It takes all the good from me because I get so frustrated and bitter. We definitely need to talk some time. Hang in there and the best thing I can suggest is pray your heart out for strength! Just think of the blessings you're racking up!

Unknown said...

I get that "what's one more kid" thing all the time. One more kid is ONE MORE KID. It does make a difference and anyone who says it does not is not paying enough attention.

I'm with ya sista!

Donna said...

I have a dog, a little white one, but he doesn't shed, he has hair, not fur, or so I'm told.

I don't envy you for this weekend. You poor thing. Watching someone else's kid is so much different than watching your own.

chantal2bfit said...

OMG! My brother has a black, hairy dog! My dad goes vacuum crazy everytime the dog comes to visit!

So sorry about your weekend. Sometimes, it's just so hard to say no to family.

doidle said...

You should tell your brother that you really can't do it next time, especially because you can't GO anywhere with all the preschoolers! Just put your foot down. Or, maybe relent and say you can do this sort of thing ONLY 2 times per year, and you need at least 2 weeks' notice, and it can't be when Mark is out of town. At least his 3 year old is going to have great memories of playing at your house.

I know exactly what you mean about dog hair. My house is so much cleaner without our dog, may he rest his brown 100lb body in peace.

Lori said...

OMG, you poor girl, you need another vacation. I say just once you send all of your kids to him for a weekend so he can see what you have to go through daily an adding one more does make a difference.

Lori

KatieFeldmom said...

I so need to not complain about my 'hectic' life. You have got me beat my a long long shot.

Hope things get better for you soon. Thinking good thoughts that you get some relief.

Julie said...

Now that the weekend is almost over, I hope things are starting to settle down and that you will be able to relax soon. You are obviously a great sister and your brother should realize how lucky he is that you help him out like you do. I don't know if I would have the same patience that you do.