Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Post #200

Wow! My blog is getting really big!! And HELLO some of you people need to UPDATE!!! :D I have been sooooo busy its been crazy. I want to be shopping and packing, and all that but its gonna have to be last minute.($$) My SIL that is watching my kids while am gone is panicking because my lil sister Emily got a job and won't be here all week to help with the kids. I can't say I blame her for being nervous, she has a 5 month old and babies are time-consuming. I called my mom yesterday and talked to her about it and hopefully my sister can still come for a couple of the days and the other days I am gonna see if my OTHER SIL Denise will come and spend the day with the kids, doing a craft and going to the pool. Then Im gonna try to set up playdates with friends for the older kids at least for another day. I have a list of about 10 things they can go and do and today when she comes over to do my hair (YAAAAAAAAAAY)I will give her a pep talk. My kids are really low maintence. Right now its after 8 o'clock and only Cade is even up. They will just lay in front of the TV half the day if she lets them, which isnt something I usually let happen but she can if she wants to. Its actually pretty low-key around here. Plus, the kids can all get themselves dressed(Dayton needs some guidance) and they can all make themselves breakfast and lunch too. She dosen't know these things. If she just gets them out of the house once a day to get a chnge of pace for them, she'll be fine. I'm also gonna have some dinners made and frozen, plus other REAALLY easy things to make (i.e. frozen meatballs/spegetti) and food they can prepare themselves. And EVERYTHING will be disposable. The kids can put away laundry, clean their rooms and the living room(including vacuum) so if she puts them to work a little hopefully it won't get too overwhelming. And if she takes them to the pool, it'll wipe them out. Here is the list of things I'm gonna suggest for activities:

Rent Playstation 2 games
Matinee(free on thursdays)
Hamilton Pool(a local water park)
Draper's pool(1 mile away)
Craft project(I will provide stuff)
Spray park
Library
Play dates-Cooper, Sadie and Cade
Makutu's Island(indoor kid paradise playland w/pizza)

Does anybody else have anything I missed??? She won't be able to do all of these things but at least there are options.

I have TONS to do today, and I'm doing hair appointments (2 weaves tomorrow) and I did Danas weave monday, a perm yesterday and I need to do Caseys weave friday sometime. Considering I've not even started to pack, and the house is messy I have a busy couple days ahead. And I want to be DONE: packed, cleaned, set for my SIL, hair/nails done by Saturday noon. (so I can go hang with Kim and her mom and chill!! WOO HOOOO!!!)On the upside, My dad is taking my 3 older kids thursday nite-sunday afternoon to the Huck Finn festival in CA so I'll have less kids to deal with, and hey, theres always the all-nighter. I'm guessing I'll have at LEAST one if not 2 more. Wish me luck for the rest for the week!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Good luck for the rest of the week!! Sounds to me that even though you are busy, you are super organized.

What's your secret for getting your kids to sleep in so late in the morning? I could use a little of that magic :)

Unknown said...

I'm worn out just from reading that.

Donna said...

Oh my god, is there anything you haven't thought of? I don't think so. You are an amazing woman!

Amy said...

I know I was reading that post. Wow, superwomen you are!! You amaze all the time. Can't wait to meet ya. good luck with this week though.

Mari said...

Don't forget naked trampoline jumping :D

Suz said...

sometimes I pop the "small" tent in the basement for the kids to have a Campout. I give them chips and drinks in baggies as if they were camping. They each get a sleeping bag and a toy to sleep with pop movies in and voila!...it keeps them busy and it gives the adults upstairs peace and quiet!!!

jennifer said...

ALLRIGHT Suz! That is a neat trick...I will add it to my repertoire.
What did I miss? You are actually going on a vacation without your kids! WOOOOWHOOO!
Is this a cruise? I think you are going on a cruise...could be wrong.
But whatever you are doing, you deserve it and have some SERIOUS fun!

Kimberly said...

Love your list and Suz's idea. If I ever have kids, I need both of you for reference. Don't ever take down your blogs!

chantal2bfit said...

Wow! Talk about Supermom! I'm amazed how organized you are! I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it.