

This is the second day in a row we've had a freakish storm at 4 pm. Yesterday is was this awesome wall of dust 200 feet high that swept over the entire valley. You could see the edges of it until it was right on top of you, then is was just a solid dirt cloud. I can't imagine what the settlers must have thought back in the olden days, when one of these giant dirt walls showed up. It moves fast, too. You can see it travel. Then it passed. Wierd. Now today we have another storm, but not a dirt wall, but just a sudden dirt storm, this time with rain. Lightning like a post card. If I were out in the desert, it would probably be gorgeous. However I'm in the middle of a neighborhood, something is lost on that, I think. LOL I wish Karenna we here to capture the storm on film for me, but oh well I took a pic of it. Some people can capture the moment, I can take a pic. Get the difference??? LMAO

6 comments:
Thanks, J ... but I think you caught that one just great. Makes my eyes sting and my nose itch.
WOW that is like NOTHING i have ever seenup here! neat stuff!
Wowwww!!! And yuck.
Hi Janel: I sent you an email regarding the family videos! :)
They actually had some footage of those storms on my local news. It was neat to see.
I must admit, I've never seen a dirt storm here where I live. Rain storms, snow storms and ice storms, yes, but no dirt walls! It would be freaky to be driving through one of those!
Post a Comment