Monday, June 12, 2006

The usual

I had a wonderfully successful cleaning binge the last night, a true all-nighter. I slipped into bed about 5:25 am, just as Mark was getting up to start his crazy day out in the 112 degrees. But I am VERY happy that I did about 3 days worth of work uninterrupted and my kitchen is superclean and organized. It makes my inner virgo shiver with excitement. YAY!! I wan't even tired all night, I was so into it, and I slept on and off till 9:30 then went and had 3/4 of a great workout until I crashed since I'd eaten only 1/3 cup of cottage cheese. So betweeen the 3 hours nap yesterday, then the 4 hours or so I got this morning, thats almost a full night. I am kinda crashing now. I have not even had ANY caffeine pills all weekend. Its real true energy. Feels good, even if it is a little stupid. Look, if my SIL is gonna come and stay here and take care of my kids for 6 days, I should at least have things organized and accessible for her.
Everone needs to go read Sqwiggs blog today. She really put things together for me today, talking about how we tend to view working out and eating right as a punishment... well, you just have to read it. Excellent!!!! This new perspective could really help power me thru another challenge.

My tuesday excitement is being rescheduled for another day this week. Yikes!!!

7 comments:

Julie said...

OMG woman, you are a cleaning machine!!

I had one night this past week where I stayed up cleaning until about 1:00am, but any later than that and I would have collapsed. You are right though: there is something so satisfying about getting a big cleaning job done. Now go get some sleep :)

Kimberly said...

How do you do that and still function? Amazing!

Pamela said...

DAMN girl... these all night cleaning binges...akkkkk I could NOT do that!!
Julie is right ...SLEEEEEEP tonight!!

PS...thanks for the B-day wishes!!! they were MUCH appreciated esp since that day got off to a rough start...
You are a sweetie!

Unknown said...

I get a real sense of satisfaction out of cleaning...I like it in a weird way. But...I get soooooooooooooo frustrated when those little animals I live with mess it all up again within an hour! My husband thinks we should be able to "train" them better, but so far I don't see much progress in that area....

You need another nap!

Janel said...

Yeah, Eileen, thats why I stay up and do things like reorganize cupboards and wipe stuff down because they can't undo that stuff.....right away. It lasts a while longer that just dishes or mopping or laundry, which can be undone in a matter of minutes :( I get a lot of satisfaction out of the big jobs. I did get a pretty decent hour nap so I'm back caught up.

Donna said...

Can you come to my house??? Pleeeez? I'd never make it all night. I love having it clean though.

jennifer said...

Hey Virgo Queen,
I am having a cleaning/slumber party at my place and I wanted to invite you.
Lots of caffeine pills and sugar laden treats will be served.
And guess what...you go home with your own rubber gloves!

jennifer