Saturday, June 24, 2006

Day 1 of the cruise

Our flight was was good, layover good, we tried to sleep since it was an all night flight but that never really works. We get to Orlando where Dana and her son picked us up (she had rented a car)so we went and ate breakfast and then turned in the car and they drove us to the port. It was so stinking exciting!! Suzanne was texting Dana the whole time "Are you here yet??" and we got here and checked in fine. I get nervous, even though I knew I had all my papers in order I was just sure I'd forgotten something(jeez I need to get out more!) so we go to our room and shower and change. Who will we see?? OOh it was so exciting! We found Dana who had found Suz and Kate, Suzanne is TALL! I felt like a midget next to her and Dana! We just started walking all over, we checked out the ship a little and it seems like there was someone new to find all over the place. A bunch of people ended up at the pool so we changed again and went out there. I just started introducing myself to people, some people recognized me as "jamber" which was nice and surprising. When we had gone to sign up and get our shirts and bracelets Jerry yelled out "JAMBER!!" and that really put me at ease! I was really glad I'd put my photos up on the slideshow, I think that really helped. Everyone was so awesome!!! We ran into Lori and Casey, finally, we kept getting these little groups of BFLers talking, clogging up lobby traffic, but it was fun. It was hot out but the breeze wasn't bad.


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing



Then we went to the pre dinner party and talked more, took a bunch of pictures, all that stuff. I had to slip out in the middle because most of us had come from the pool, but I realized that I was the only one left wearing a bikini top, so that was wierd. LOL So we changed A-gain and went to dinner.


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing





Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing




Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing


We had THE best dinner table of all!!!! It was Misty and Morgan(friends of Kelly and Shelly) and HELLO!!!!!! Aaron Ferguson and his GF Candace. It was SO AWESOME!!!! I can't even tell you how much fun we had and how much laughing we did.Hopefully Misty will send me her pics soon because I know we took some funny ones. By the lst night we were laughing our RUMPS off with inside jokes and teasing. Totally awesome people. We had the funnest table by far. I just had to add, Aaron is just so genuine, UNsnooty, classy, can totally take a joke, just great. I am totally honored to have him as a friend!!

Then after dinner we went to the hot tub with Casey and Lori and chatted for a while, that was fun. I'm glad we did because I wanted to make sure and spend time with them. It was awesome and we had some good laughs. HAHA I know you are all so jealous!!!!!! Then we went up and got some pizza and ate it with Jerry Braam and his CUTE GF, its so fun to talk to people who have a bigger perspective of BFL and how things look from the inside. Plus getting to know people's personality is the best part. By this time it was after 1 so we crashed. We'd only had 3 hours of sleep, and a loooong day tuesday. Yeah, baby!!!



EDIT: I'm a little bummed right now because I couldn't get blogger to put up pics, so I put them up with dropshots, but I can't get dropshots to put up my video clips, even with a membership and upgraded system. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out, because the videos are funny!

3 comments:

Kevin Machate said...

I wanna see more!!@#

Tracey said...

Janel, really, as I said before I can't believe how great you look!!!!!! So far, so good, more, more, more.

Melissa said...

Yes, we ARE jealous!! It's so cool that you were all able to meet like that. You look phenomenal Janel, seriously, just stunning. Great pictures!