Monday, June 26, 2006

Station identification

We will take a break from our regularly scheduled program to bring you the following:


I'm on cloud 11 this morning. I was totally inspired on the cruise to start a AZ BFL meetup group in my area. Scary prospect, but I am compelled to do it. Jerry Braam said something on the cruise about that you don't have to be a "champ" to start a group, any Barnes and Noble or the like will host it for you and advertise. Dana and I both had the same thought, we just need to start our own. If fact, thats what led me to tracker,was the fact there is nothing going on locally here. So Dana and I discussed it and we are doing it. I called Barnes and Noble at the Chandler mall(very high traffic) and talked to them, looks like its a go!!!!!! The activities director is gonna call me back later today. I'm SO PUMPED!!!! As soon as I get a date (hopefully about 3 weeks from now to have some time to get the buzz out)And I need to call Jerry and get some guidance!! Aaron Ferguson has already volunteered to come and speak some time(we'll save that till we can get some good attendance) WOO HOOO!

Add that to the fact that I helped my friend Becky with her first UBWO this morning, she did awesome I am just so excited right now!!!

OK day 2 of cruise coming soon, I promise.

4 comments:

Donna said...

I think that's awesome that you're going to do that. Makes me wish I lived out there.

Pamela said...

GREAT stuff there Girl!!! way to spead the "healthy word! " LOVE the pics -- lets see MORE!!

Charlie and Becky said...

That's terrific! My sister lives in the Peoria area so I'll have to let her know about this. She's looking to get back into BFL in about 2 weeks (she just had a baby).

Tracey said...

Great news Janel - happy for you.