Last night we had the Young men/Women combined activity at our house. We copied the idea I saw on Merideths blog of the Throwdown with Bobby Flay. We had a burger cook-off. It was more of just get into 3 groups, first come first serve on the cool ingredients and then went to 3 different houses to prepare the masterpieces. We had the bishopric be the judges. All the kids really got into it and did a great job working together. We had a great turnout and a big sucess. Courtney got much better pictures than I did, but I did get a couple.
Gee, looks like we had a couple people over :D Loved it!
I found Cade a violin teacher, I'm so excited and today is his first lesson. Its a younger guy, so that part is cool and if it works out he could be his guitar teacher too.
My mom is coming into town for my brother Nick's graduation from EA. (so see, I guess we do have some graduating going on somewhere!! LOL) so we are going friday afternoon and Saturday. Thatcher is always good times!
Did everyone hear about Oprah telling everyone to go to KFC and get a free meal of the new Grilled chicken. In case you are wondering how, go to unthinkkfc.com and print out a coupon for your meal. 2 pieces of grilled chicken, 2 sides and biscuit. It was yummy!! Don't be tricked into thinking its that much healthier. Yeah, its not breaded, so that cuts off about 1000 calories, but still plenty greasy and delicious. We did feel a little bad for KFC having to give away all that food.........Until the 16th!! Hopefully Oprah is going to pony up for some of that!! LOL Honestly though, I would get that meal for myself now that its on the menu, it really was good.
I got over the flu, it was so not fun. MISERY! Glad thats over. And I didn't die even though the facebook quiz I took said I would.
And last: I have been couponing up a storm. I have always been jealous of the people that go shopping and then take a picture of the "loot". And its not that I didn't believe it was true of couldn't be done, but I never thought I'd ever be able to do it. Well Guess What????
And not pictured are 30 packages of Ramen, I couldn't get them in the picture. This was from last week.I usually do better than this most of the time. I usually save around 70%!! I spent 88 dollars and saved 135. I'm SO ticked because Frys was out of Tabasco sauce (Cassandra took them all, I saw her!!!!!! LOL) and I forgot my Lawry's marinade coupons, so I missed out on 6 Tabascos for FREE and 6 Lawry's marinades for FREE so my total saved should have been like 25 dollars more. DANG! But it's still pretty good, and I still could get those things later on, just mabye not free, like 25 cents or something. Anyway, BOO YA I'm getting my 3 months supply and saving tons in the process. Love it!

4 comments:
You go girl with all your savings. Maybe when my kids are older I will try it again, but it was just way too hard to lug little kids around and try to find the right coupon!
What a fun ym/yw activity. I'm sure they loved it!
Hey we are all going out for a gno next thursday and you better be there! Not sure when or where yet but I'll let you know. Everyone on our street is moving...it's crazy around here and you guys started it!! Boooo hoooo!!
Yeah i'm loving coupon sense. I remember you telling me it was a lot of work and it is. but it's worth it. Hey free protein bars at bashas. Hope they taste good. i went to print out a coupon last night for kfc and it has expired as for as printing it goes. dang it! the kids had wendys instead. i had a cherry coke for dinner.
E'lyse had a blast at mutual especially since
they won first place.
Sorry I didn't know you had the flu. Some friend I am. Glad you are better and didn't die.
Good job with the coupons. Hugs, Bobbi Jo
I am also clipping couponS! With these teen age kids things get expensive! Good job.
Post a Comment