Thursday, May 21, 2009

Birthday Girl!!!

Hooray its Sadie's 11th Birthday!! I love Sadies birthday because we get to be girly and froofy and PINK around here. First example: her birthday cake that I made last night.

Prepare to be DAZZLED!!
















I have been wanting to try this style of cake for a long time, and what a better excuse? I surprised her with it this morning, she was so shocked, she loved it. I'm trying not to be offended that Mark and Cooper don't actually believe that I made it myself. Actually, it is kind of a disaster structurally speaking. I will need a few more trys before I get it right I'm sure. Its sure fun to practice though!! Not too bad for my first time out.

And now back to the birthday girl.........She got to open one present this morning (an outfit, of course) and I actually blowdried her hair for her. She will get her other 2 presents after school and then we will have to decide whether to cut the cake today or wait till tomorrow when her friend comes over. She is having 1 friend over after school and we are going to Panda to eat (their choice.....I'm not arguing!) and to get manicures. Mabye I'll take her to spend her birthday money too.







How amazing is this girl??!! She is truly a treasure. Sweet, helpful, responsible, and fun. I just want to keep her exactly as she is right now, but then another part of me can't wait to see what a wonderful woman she will become. She has always been such a mature soul, and always taking initiative and keeping me on track. If something needs to be done I can count on Sadie. She always has a lot of friends because everyone loves to be around her. Happy birthday, Sweetie!!!!

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my word, she's a woman! When did she grow up??!?!? Happy birthday, sweet Sadie!

That cake looks FANTASTIC Janel...I need to learn your secret...

lizlaughs said...

That cake is amazing! Happy Birthday Sadie!

Her hair looks great, I need to have you do my hair sometime.

Amy F. said...

Uh, awesome cake Janel!! You go girl! No really, that cake is so cute! You don't need practice. I can't wait to dip into trying fondant again someday. I think its so cute!
Happy Birthday Sadie-May! She is so sweet. I'm glad you've got your girl to hang with.

The Tyler's said...

Ya those are all the reasons why I love her so much and how she was supposed to be "THE" babysitter in the Tyler household. I'm still sooo bummed about it. Wish her the best Birthday from us. I hope you guys have so much fun getting your manis. Her hair is getting so long! It looks really cute and so grown up.
The cake is amazing. I could never do something like that. I don't think I would have the patience.

caseyann said...

You know i loved the cake! Happy Birthday Sadie!!

Christine said...

She is adorable! Hope she had a good day! Your cake is amazing and that cake sells here at a bakery called Dippedee for $100! You should go into business. I want the directions and recipe, christineneeleman@hotmail.com.
Good Job!

mtcowgirl said...

Very cute cake Janel! Was it hard to make? It's very trendy. Did Sadie have a good birthday?

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

I just love the cake! That is the color I want my Harley.
She is a beautiful girl. Hope she had a great Birthday. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Amy said...

The cake looks great! Fondant definitely takes some getting used to. Happy Birthday to your Sadie!

Misty said...

Hmm..Can I hire you for our next party! Great job