Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend festivites wrapup

I had such a fun weekend! Thursday I had a progressive dinner for enrichment and it was really fun. I met a lot of new people and ate some yummy mexican food. Then when I got home I was surprised to see Mark there, he had gotten the night off! (he had already worked a lot of hours for the week, so they sent him home. That is both good and bad. ) so since we had a good nights rest, Friday we were able to go finish up the Christmas shopping for the kids. I feel so lucky and blessed that we were able to do that! Friday night ended up being a little crazier ( well a lot crazier) I let Cade have a sleepover and ended up with the brother and the sister as well! It was a lot of kids and they stayed up pretty late, but I think they all had fun. Cade misses his friend Cole. Since all of the TV's were in use I used the time to clean up the house and then I got to wrapping. I ran out of boxes and tags but I managed to finish. It took me until almost 2am to get everything done and cleaned up and decide what to put out and what to keep back. The kids are loving having presents under the tree, I hate it. Mark insists on puting some out though. I'm sure they've guessed what half of them are by now.

Saturday morning I killed everybody with chores and then Sadie had her last Sunshine Generation performance. My MIL came to that, and I took Sadie out for some Panda Express. I need Chinese food like I need another hole in the head but it sure was YUMMY. We ran errands and then I got to go to a FABulous ugly sweater /white elephant Christmas party. I wore a borrowed classic beaded sweater, but some people came in some truly hideous get ups. There was tons of great food and we had a blast. I was the only single person there, but it turned out OK and the kids didn't kill each other while I was gone. I really had a lot of fun, thanks you guys!!!

Sunday was just really typical, our choir sang and I think we did pretty good. We might of fallen apart in a place or 2 (unless that was just me....LOL)but the songs were really really hard and for the most part we sounded great. The primary was awesome! They did us proud. After church Cade and I had a practice for playing prelude with a little group for next week, I am so grateful for the opportunity for him. And I think I may have found him some direction with his violin playing. I'm so excited!!

So thats it. Now its a new week, new things to get done, and I'm hoping to just bust it all out in the first couple days and the coast through the holiday. We still need to make the rounds with the kids to all of the different lights and do the baking, mailing cards, that sort of thing. Calm, low key and peaceful is the theme for the week. I hope it is the same for you too!

5 comments:

The Tyler's said...

5:36 am?? Wow you are getting things done! Great job on getting all the shopping done.
It was so fun seeing you this past weekend!

EmilyLemily said...

I'm playing prelude music next Sunday with another violinist as well! I have a book with Christmas violin duets that we are playing from. I like hearing from you how much Cade plays his violin! :)

Amy F. said...

You are always so on top of things! Go girl. I'm so glad you came to the sweater party. I miss my Nelly! I love Christmas shopping, but I'm not as festive this year...not thanks to my little "condition" ;) No, I'm excited though!!

Maddy said...

It was so fun to see you this weekend. Thanks for making the drive out. I have one last batch of Christmas cards -- like yours, ha ha -- to get out. Wish me luck!

Casey said...

Glad to see you at the sweater party as well. I need your guy's address so I can get a card in the mail for ya! When is Mark coming to Mesa?