Saturday, December 27, 2008

Movie Review-Despereaux,7 pounds and Valkyrie

Tis the season for great movies!! We have started a new tradition of taking the kids to a show on Christmas eve. It gives us something to look forward to, and it gives the kids a welcome distraction on the looooongest day of the year! And I get a chance to relax on a day that would be easy for me to work way too hard. This years choice was the Tale of Despereaux. It was really cute. I loved the little mouse faces. The humans reminded me of the people from the Last Unicorn movie. It was good. Cade said is was completely different from the book. He's read it 4 times so he should know. He thought it was good though.

At some point we went and saw 7 pounds. I seriously cannot remember what day that was. But either way, it was really good too. It was one of those where the first 20 minutes or so I was thinking "OK, this all better make sense later on because I am totally lost right now". Luckily, it certainly does all come together in the end. It was a very quiet movie, Mark thought it had some boring parts, but it was certainbly worth getting through. Bring Kleenex. Lots of Kleenex. I kept crying after the movie. I guess I was really invested in it.


Tonight my parents and 2 of my sisters and BIL and I went to Valkyrie. I liked it, it was kind of depressing though. It was also very suspenseful, especially for a story that we already know the ultimate outcome. I'd heard poor reviews for Tom Cruise but I thought he was fine. I wish they hadn't used the f word, seriously, did they even say that in those days in Germany?? I don't think so. There was nothing else in it, although a little violent. Sad. But still good and engrossing.

Movies coming up that I am looking forward to, Defiance and Wolverine. I will be looking forward to droooooling over Hugh Jackman. He so yummy and MANly. Leiv Shreiber is no slouch either and he is in both of them.

And I am watching Sleepless in Seattle right now, how great is that movie?? I just love it. LOVE it.

More Christmas posts coming soon :D We still are not done partying!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

we saw Despereaux too. Everyone liked it but made the same book comment as Cade. Easton said it was LONGGGGG!
What the heck is MIL? you mention it all the time and I can't figure it out....
Watch out kids you can get away with anything now that mom is ignoring you!!!
love you, Jenn

Maddy said...

I haven't seen a movie in forever. I would just take 2 hours without the kids staring at a blank screen.