Friday, December 05, 2008

The magic is taking a hiatus

Well after I thought I had everything under control......I don't. Cade pointed out last night the the tree lights were half out. GAH!! Only the bottom strand is working. Those are all new lights this year!! Am I seriously going to have to redo the tree and buy all MORE new lights?? Please NO!! I really hope I can get it working without a complete redo! Second blow, everyone is sick. Not terribly severe, but we are never sick so when it happpens, it stinks. Colds and sore throats. I have a bit of the throat thing but otherwise fine (not enough to get me out of working out, dang it!) but I let Sadie stay home yesterday and they are all home today. I'm going to try to take advantage of them being here and make them do lots of chores and get their hair cut. The trick is to not make it very fun to be home so that they only want to stay home from school when they are truly ill. I know, I'm diabolical. I never got any sick days or sympathy as a kid and I have now turned it onto my own children. Hey, it prepared me for being a mom! you don't get to be sick! Thats what they make DayQuil for!!!! Muahahahaha! I even making Cade go for a couple hours becuse he has 2 big tests and a whole bunch of stuff due today and Monday.

We have a pretty laid back weekend, Sadie has performances tonight and Saturday, but that is it. I'm bummed that I can't run the iron girl because Sadie is performing at noon Saturday, and theres no way I can do both. She would be so hurt if I didn't go, she sings her solo! I'd feel so guilty. :( I did run over 4 miles on wednsday, so I think I could have done all 10 miles! Boo! I will keep training for Londons Run, that one sounds fun too. On my holiday schedule today is Christmas cards/letters, so I am going to stick to that even though everything else is kind of messed up schedule wise. How many stinkin hours is it going to take to redo my tree?? Waaaaa!

2 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Oh my Janel, I am so so sorry about your kiddos being sick. It sure messes up the schedule and being able to go about your day normally. If I think my kiddos are faking it I make it bad for them no TV, need to sleep lots and blan diet.
About your tree BUMMER!! That really stinks. Good luck with getting them to work.
Good for your running! I just found my schedule from when I was training for my first marathon over 18 years ago. I got pregnant and was sick all day and gave in to it. This was the last I have ran any distance that counts. Keep up the great work. I have heard that the London Run is a great run.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Burwell's Bits said...

Sorry about the sick thing. I was in the Doctor today with mine. They both have the cold/ear thing that I have had since October 13!!! It sucks. Good luck with the tree, maybe next week I will have a space cleared for one!!!