We had a fun weekend. Mark had a wierd schedule so he was hanging with us all day saturday and that was fun. Friday night Sadie performed at Rockin R Ranch and then Saturday at the Queen creek park festival (I don't even know what it was for) but she did SO good! I was so proud of her!!!! I finally figured out why I can't put the videos on the computer, it records onto disks and we don't have a dvd burner! So dumb. She has one more performance on Saturday at the new library and I will try to get her solo with my regular camera.
Saturday night was our middle aged mommies (Over 30, OK???LOL) party and ornament exchange. It was so fun to get to know more of the ladies, we really do have some fun people. The ornament exchange was fun, I really liked what I ended up with (although I was going for the one I had brought, but it got passed 3 times really quick!) Anyway I had a chance to visit with some new friends and new hair clients!
Sunday we made cinnamon popcorn, boy was it good. I don't remember liking it as much last year, holy smokes it was yummy. I will be making more more more of that. If anyone wants some let me know I will bring/send you some. We ate that and my newfound homemade hot chocolate and watched the Christmas devotional with my MIL. It was a pretty nice evening.
Yesterday was pretty low key, and we got to go over to Chandler for miss Bailey's 5th birthday party. The kids had so much fun hanging with all the peeps from the old neighborhood and so did we! It is nice to get together with people you love. So many things are changing though, it is kinda wierd. I guess that is life, right, always changes. HUGE congrats to all the new preggos!!! I'm glad its you and not me!! LOL I'm trying to dig up an ugly sweater for Saturday :D
Today, hmmmmmm. I'm thinking today will be a good day to try making chocolate truffles. Mabye the big yummy sugar cookies too. Delish!!! I'm even toying with the idea of putting up my other tree in the family room, it just seems a bit unfestive in there at night while watching TV. We'll see how the baking goes first.
Edit: To make this post even LONGer! LOL
I had a little Christmas fun today.....Love these kind of days!

Tree lights fixed (a little jiggling, replacing 1 strand, and dispersing of plugs and some ribbon did the trick. I'm lovin it!

The stockings were hung on the staircase with care ~ wow that seems like a LOT of stockings!

MY first ever attempt at Truffles went a little bit TOO well! LOL Ohhhhh heaven!!!
16 more days!

7 comments:
WOW -- awesome job on the posting. I was just noticing today that I'm on 4o8.
It was so fun to see you guys last night. Miss you so so much!
Janel,
Great to catch up on your blog. I am not sure about Wed. It depends on what time. Alan and I have a cannery assignment then a class at from 6 to 9:30. I want to get together it is just this week has been a little crazy. You know how life gets.
As for what I said in my post I meant every word. You are just one of the lovable kind of people. Hugs, Bobbi Jo
500 posts is huge! Congrats! And I want your cinnamon popcorn recipe..I've never heard of such a thing!
Janel,
Truffles are my very favorite treat. When I turned 21 my mom bought me a box of special made ones from a confection specialist and boy were they heaven. I would love the recipe for these and the Cinnamon popcorn too! PLEASE!!!!!
Hugs, Bobbi Jo
Yummy! I think I gained five pounds reading your post! :)
I would like your cinnamon popcorn recipe too!! Sounds super yummy!
Not preggers but craving both cinnamon popcorn and truffles!!!What kind of sweater are you needing? If I have one that would work you are welcome to it. Love the stockings down the stairs, what a clever idea. The house looks great.
Post a Comment