Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Vacation!

We have been so busy doing fun things. The kids had fun the last 2 days of school. and I am so glad to have a break from the early morning wake-up calls.










Wyatt made a silly sock for his class. This is what a silly sock looks like when mom forgets about it until 8 pm the night before. Whoops! He loved it anyway. It had lots of glitter.




There is more candy on the plate that on the house, but hey. I don't even want to think about how much candy my children have consumed this week.



Daytons Kindergarten concert was really cute. And I was bummed to realize that this gym is just as bad as any other gym for picture lighting. I did the best I could with it. :D He was so cute but he got sick of singing the last song. I dont blame him, it kind of went on and on. So cute though. Don't you just love that worried look where they come out and are searching the crowd for mom or dad and then they finally see us (in the front row!) and the look of relief and the cute smile? Its so precious!



Friday afternoon I took all the kids shopping for Marks presents. They were so excited and it really wore me out. I very rarely take them all anywhere with me by myself. All together they are very draining. I needed a nap by the time we got home, desperately. So I took one and geared up for shopping phase II where Mark and I took them all to Walmart to get little gifts for the ones they drew names for. As Wyatt and I were walking to the car to put his present in he informed me that he loves Christmas so much and this is his favorite part (buying a secret gift for Sadie)Awwwww.

Friday night we went to the ultimate Christmas light house. The guy and his wife know my MIL through work. We even got to go inside and see the Santa collection they have. Holy cow it was amazing. So many big and small gorgeous Santas. I've never seen any house that crazy decked out. He sits out in front of his house giving out candy canes and taking toy requests. That was fun.






Then we drove around my MIL's neighborhood because it has 3 streets of really good lights. One person even had a movie projector in their yard playing the Grinch. Its a really good light neighborhood.



We were totally exhausted so we all went home and crashed. Then this morning Cade and Mark went to play flag football with the Elders quorum. They had so much fun.......until I get the call that Cade broke his arm. Bummer, dude! He was tough about it and its not too bad of a break but it will still need a cast. I really feel for him because it puts all of his awesome plans to play guitar and violin all break up in Thatcher on the backburner. He might be able to play a little by next week some time, it will just be a small cast, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.






I think his new nickname will be X-ray boy. :D So after all of this put me behind a few extra hours, I had to bag out on the Ward Christmas Party, which looked super fun but I didn't want to leave X-ray boy home alone, I didn't feel like showering and getting all ready and I got nothing done around the house today so I'm behind schedule for next week now. Gotta get crackin now!

4 comments:

Maddy said...

I cropped! Am I forgiven now???

Sorry about Cade's arm :( But HOORAY for vacation!!! Merry Christmas!! I hope you guys have a great one.

EmilyLemily said...

Poor Cade! I remember when hurt one of my fingers, but luckily I was able to still play my violin, even though it was in a metal brace. I was lucky it was my bow playing hand and not my other one.

Sounds like you guys are all having a really great time...I'll be seeing you soon! :)

The Tyler's said...

Poor Cade!
I can just picture Wyatt saying that about buying for Sadie...so cute!
Merry Christmas!

Oh ya, I need your address! Send it to my email. jilltyler99@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

So sorry I haven't been here in a while! Great things going on, except for X-Ray boy's broken arm! My daughter is getting over a broken ankle too! KIDS!

LOVE the pics! You have the best lookin' kids!

Merry Christmas!! Hope this Holiday brings you and your family LOTS of love and cheer!