The loft upstairs isn't totally BLUE or anything! LOL Can't wait to cover this up!

family room/kitchen downstairs. Looking forward to painting this as well...ASAP!
:D I've had a rude awakening about the whole doubling the size of your house........it's a LOT more work! And I've been putting the kids to work as well, its just a lot. And then with getting ready for school and all, its been slightly nightmarish. I have managed to start a couple new projects, along with the football clinics, dr. appointments for shots, registering at 2 schools, plus keeping 5 kds entertained for the summer has been interesting. I havent even attempted school shopping. We tried out Perry HS pool....it was OK but its no Hamilton! Apparently the AJ pool is a little closer and better so mabye next week.
My big project as of now is getting the paper bag faux treatment off my living room walls. It would have been much better had they not painted over it!! I swear in the back of my head I can hear the former owners painting over the puffy wallpaper paste mess going.."SUCKA!" I knew it would be a mess and it IS. Poor Mark gets the lovely job of the top part by the ceiling.

This is So painstaking... we are wetting it down and literally scraping it off the walls with spatulas and our fingernails! Luckily its only on these cutout walls. But its still a lot. Its taken 3 people plus Sadie about 5 hours so far. Waaaa!
Yes, it is truly ripped up paper grocery bags that have been slapped onto the walls with wallpaper paste and then painted over with terracotta. Niiiiice. I'm all for the Tuscan look, but this is just too much.
I'm pretty hot and cold on all of the projects we have scheduled. One minute I'm making lists and deadlines, the next I'm thinking "why would I organize scrapbook stuff until I actually scrapbook some day next year?" I'm sure I'm just overwhelmed, but its not like it will hurt anything to take my time. Im just taking one thing at a time. In all honesty, I plan on being completely settled and painted and unpacked by Thanksgiving. MABYE Halloween if I really get serious. Tomorrow is Garage day. Yipes!

9 comments:
Holy cow look at all that space? Definitely more to clean! Thanks for the pics so we know you're still out there somewhere. I'm sure you'll have plenty of time for projects when the kids go back to school. FYI My friend who lives in Queen Creek says the pool at Basha on Val Vista and Riggs is open and lots of fun!
Wow you have really come a long way! I am in love with all the new furniture! I didn't know you got a new table!! Love it! I can't wait to come see it again.
So I had the carpet guy come do our carpets and he told me about the blood dripping out! I feel so bad that you had to come clean that...and right after it all got cleaned!!
Your land lord was here all weekend and did a number on your yard. It looks really good.
Does Dayton have a new best friend yet? I get so sad when I think about Brody and him not getting to play together. We really need to plan a play date for them.
Love you guys!
Hey Janelly I love the house! How fun for all of you. And so much more room compared to the last place. Don't try to do it all in one day. Take your time and have fun with it. I think you're a little too much like me. Lists, deadline and let's get it all done NOW! Can't wait to see it this winter when I can come down for a visit. We leave on our big horseback ride on tues. I'll check back in with you when we get back. Love you! MOM
Everything looks great! I'm sure you are loving it! I'm getting really anxious to move into your old digs! We met with Wayne yesterday and we'll hopefully get the keys on Thursday and be all moved in by Saturday!
I love your house! I can't wait to go back to visit you. Man that wall is killer! Like seriously people (previous owners) what were you thinking?!
You are like super Mom! Hang in there.
Hey girlie...wow I miss you. How exciting...a new house. Looks gorgeous! Oh...the fun of painting over other peoples projects :)
Talking memories here...remember when you, Dana and I went to the Pink Taco in Scottsdale (with my hubby too) when we were in town for Nascar?? I SOOOOO MISS YOU! That was fun-and as always...YOU LOOKED AMAZING!
Hope all is well....love you girl-Dede
I love how all the new furniture fits in!!! And WAHOO for the progress on the wall of CRAPINESS!
I want to come see you whenever. Ellie is back in school -- miss seeing you pull out at the same time as me -- so we're freeeeeeee
What a project!!! Paper bags on walls? I guess it's one way to recycle. Too bad it's not tile and you could get a pressure washer in there and just wash it all out. How nice to at least have Sadie help. She is such a good girl. :) GOOD LUCK!!
Hi Janel, The wall looks GREAT!!! We broke down and got aircuts today. They suck. When life slows down let me know. It will be time for good haircuts. I can't wait to see the house.
The pics are awesome. It looks beautiful.
Post a Comment