Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday morning nostalgia

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.(unless I already have! ;)


EVERYBODY PLAY!

*************************************************************************************

I really love late church!! We're at 2 now and with no calling yet I'm loving just chilling allll morning. The kids can sleep in and I'm making yummy breakfast. And Mark can get some sleep before church, which is really great.

I wanted to give a big shout out to everyone who has come to visit our new house! Seriously, so many of you have made the effort and it really means a LOT to me! I know as soon as things get more settled down I am going to be feeling the big hole in my life that I have had such AMAZING friends to fill! I can't even tell you how grateful I am for blogging so that I can stay up with what is going on, it really helps me feel not SO far away. Tomorrow is that last day I will be coming to the Elgin house as "my" house to let in the carpet cleaners and do the walk through, and honetly I'm feeling just a little bit down about it. Its always hard to close a chapter. You won't be able to get away from us completely though, because we are going to have a party out here in the next week or 2, and we will be coming to baby Beaus blessing, so don't think you will be getting rid of us too easily! :D I hope the new tenants love the place as much as we do!

We love you guys and miss you already!

xoxoxo

And I WILL take some pictures today and get them posted!

9 comments:

Breezy said...

I have so many memories of you janelly so it was hard to pick one. But honestly my favorite memories are of you in high school. I was so impressionable and I watched you. Constantly re-painting your nails and getting ready for dances and your girlfriends coming over. I remember your long hair too. You were very fun and full of life. you still are but just a little older with five thousand children and lots of responsibility. Your da bomb!

mtcowgirl said...

Pictures will be awesome! Can't wait. Memories?! I don't know where I'd start with that one cause I've actually known you a very long time! LOL. One that I love tho is when you and the kids were up here that summer and everyone was taking turns riding the horses. You and Katie was it? got on and just took off running and I thought: how great of them! It was like you were fearless and totally in control. (whether you felt that way or not you seemed liked you were) and that's kind of like you are in your life, whether you think you are or not you sure seem like you are! Fearless and in control of all of those kids and the busy-ness that comes with them and all of their activities. And running the house, same deal. Anyway, I loved seeing you do that that day and I like the memory. Love you! Mom

The Tyler's said...

Gosh! Make me cry over here! As happy I am for you guys I really hate that you are gone. We could not have asked for better next door nieghbors. I can't wait for the house warming party!
As for the memory thing...my first memory of you is when you came over to introduce yourself and I was cutting hair and hugely pregnant. I knew right away that we would be good freinds since we both did hair and we both loved the name Sadie!! And you really did not let me down.

Chelsea said...

Congrats on the new house!!! It's so sad leaving the Cooper ward. But I too LOVE blogging and have kept in touch with everyone. And gotten closer to many too! Love it!!

So you did my memory for me the same that I would do for you. You were the best Mia Maid leader. Feel old? You shouldn't though! :) You were the youngest leader!! We were all so glad to have you in there and bring some fun ideas. You and Jeanette Bleazerd or however you spell her name were so fun. The best mutual was the facials, of which you have posted on here before!
When we moved into the Cooper ward and saw Marc in the hall it was a big flash back of being 14 all over again!

Have fun painting and decorating!!

Maddy said...

Missed you are church today :( We've got a ton of new kids lately, but it still feels lonely without you.

I don't know if I can think of one memory of you. I just love how you are always up for everything. late night movie? SURE! GNO? SUre you'll even drive. Or when we came up with the Christmas service project and you totally went full force and even put a cute little lesson together for it. Come back and do it again with us next year? Or how willing you were to bring home homework, or run Ellie to school if I couldn't. Or just sit and chat and let the kids run wild. I always knew I could count on you for anything. There aren't very many people like that! I love having you as a friend and I'll miss you as a neighbor.

The kids and I would LOVE to come out and see you this week. Call and let me know when is good.

Unknown said...

Oh! I remember eating a salad while you and Jen ate burgers. I should of had the burger ;o)

Nascar Hottie said...

Oh My-ONLY ONE?? Lets see..I dont think I'll EVER forget the AZ Girls Night Out & all the "winners" tryin to dance with you! hehehe

OK...Im cheating-I cant stick to only one! I'll also never forget climbin to the top of Camelback Mountain w/you & Maricar & crossing the finish line of Pats Run to find you waitin for me! :)
Awwhhhh....I MISS YOU!!!

smilingsarahbear said...

I remember how supportive you were to me the minute I first emailed you after finding you on tracker. And I remember the fun lunches we had. I feel so lucky and so blessed to have gotten to know you. Hope all is still going well. By the way, I gave a blogging award- it's on my blog. Love ya'!

Suzanne said...

I'm with Dana in that I have to pick only ONE memory?? One of the first memories was meeting you on the cruise and us hanging out on CocoCay Island. You had that white kini on with the cowboy hat. :)

Then, the other was the exact one you left on my blog: In TN, laying in the dark talking to each other about our families and lives....

*sigh* I miss you!! :(