The kids and I decided to get out of town for a few days for the 4th. I love coming to Thatcher and just chillaxin. This time we let Cade bring a friend. How crazy is it to have my kids bring friends on vacation with us?? Wierd. Anyway its just a tiny bit cooler here (102 instead of 115) and my family has been so awesome keeping the kids busy. My dad took them all to the 4th of July parade in the morning (I hadn't even woken up before they were back already!) and then my dad and brother and sister took them all to the "pond" and did some canoeing and playing around. Then we BBQed and watched fireworks, it was fun and the weather was really nice and cooled off. we sat in our cars with our windows open and it was lovely. Then yesterday my sis Em took the kids with her boyfriend 4 wheeling and swimming in the canal and through the car wash with the top of his jeep-thingy open. They loved it. 2 of my brothers were in the Battle Of the Bands at the fairgrounds last night. They were really good. They took 2nd place! And my brother Nick took the award for best drummer! They covered 3 songs....Weezers Sweater Song, Some Alice in Chains song I didn't know, and Zombie by the Cranberries. It was cool. And really LOUD! I was so proud of them! Now today we are just chilling out in the house and getting ready to come home in the morning. If my mom didn't have to go down to Mesa we'd probably stay, but I guess I can get some more things done this week while we wait for our house keys. We are going to do a fire pit tonight and hang out once it gets dark. See y'all on Monday!!
1 comment:
I want to come next time!! I promise to behave! :) Seriously...you sold me on the trip with the car wash thing. I have always thought that would be the funnest thing. I guess I am still 7 and a kid at heart! :) Glad your 4th was fun!! And good luck on almost getting your keys!
Post a Comment