Friday, May 09, 2008

Local boy makes good

So in typical style for us, we put a way low bid on a way awesome house we haven't actually seen inside of, we just feel great about. And the bank counters with an offer we can't refuse. Ya, bay-bee! And then 10 hours later we hit a snag because Pinal county property tax is outrageous, but it worked out OK. And we are going to close in 3 weeks. WHAT?? Oh yeah. Totally crazy. They are going to pay the closing costs. It will cost us virtually nothing out of pocket. Our monthly will go up by about 300 bucks. Ouch, but we are thinking long term. Mark had gone last night to walk through it (I mean, we arent totally crazy, just partially) and he was SOLD! Here are the stats on the casa:

*3900 sf <----that is not a typo
*6 bed 3 bath (we just figured that out today, it was wrong on the listing we thought it was 5 bed)
* beautiful granite countertops
* Big kitchen with lots of really nice cupoards
* Needs a tad of cosmetic work. As in:
* linoleum floors (its not gross, its just not tile)
* 50% of the paint inside is pretty horrible. And they did a horrible job painting. we are talking dark brown, royal blue, etc. bleh! Ironically, it seems as if they painted right before they left, with super high quality paint, as a "favor" to the next owner. Boo!
*Backyard is solid rock, that just wont do(good thing I know a hot landscaper!)
*pigeon crap all over the driveway (good thing I know a hot pigeon guy)
*Awesome location, exactly where we want to be!
*conservative projection: 100,000 gained in equity in the next 5 years

Mark took me, his mom and the kids out to it today, and we were all thrilled. He done good. He was the one who just said, hey, I know this seems like a long shot, lets just go for it and see what happens. I'm so glad we did it. He's the MAN!


Its so crazy that this was just kind of a whim, and now we are in with both feet. I was so emotional this morning. Who knows what my problem is. I'm just really tired and have been going nonstop for 3 days, literally. I love teachers, but I'm glad teacher appreciation week is over. At one point I thought I had lost the envelope of cash donations from Coops class at Paradise Bakery. Luckily I'm a total idiot and had left it at home to begin with. DOH! I feel bad I did't do more for any of the other kids classes. Boo me! I'm just burned out and so are the kids.

Weekend forecast: Planning and attending multiple birthday parties, cleaning, lots of driving, and celebrating mothers day!

5 comments:

Amber said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sounds sooo.. awesome!!! You must put pics up of the new house as soon as you can!! I am dying to see it now :) I guess, I am going to have to break the news to my boys sooner than I had planned :(

As much as we will miss you guys, we are so happy for you.

Great job Mark!

If you need any help moving, packing, etc. please let us know.

Maddy said...

la la la la laaaa

OK, well congrats! When do we all get to come see it?

Breezy said...

Take some pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm SOOOO happy for you!!! The house sounds wonderful. Congratulations!

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you get to rest some.

Marla said...

O.k. I totally want to see pics of this house! I bet your family will love it! Happy Mothers Day!