Monday, May 05, 2008

Its official!!!




Heather delivered this to us today :D


I haven't blogged yet about this particular adventure, because living through what I have I never count my chickens before we have the keys in hand, so to speak. :D


We got our actual loan approval to buy a house today!! It took WAY too long (like 6 weeks long!!) So this week is the big week of putting down an offer on a house or 2. Yipes. Its big scary stuff. It sounds all fun and frolicky when your still in prep stages but then when the moment of truth comes, it gets a bit squirrelly. Its like getting married (for other people, not us in particular! LOL) We've held hands, giggled, smooched, made out a whole bunch, which was super fun, but now its time to settle down together and it gets a little nerve-racking hoping it will work out OK. and it wasn't all just a big act. :D We have done hours and hours of research and praying, looking and re-looking. We probably know more about the neighborhoods we like than our realtor does, and he knows a lot. We really like this one, but the neighborhood is kinda sketchy, so we are going to low-ball this other one (or 2) and just see what happens for now. Theres the issue of the school, the ward, the neighbors, the commute, the price, the HOA, blah blah blah. And all the really really awesome ones tend to get sucked up the day they come out on the MLS so we need and inside track. The one we have the inside track on is the one in the sketchy neighborhood. Also we drive past so many houses that would be great, that are like ghosts. They are obviously abandonded, but no record of them being for sale anywhere. The banks just haven't caught up with them yet I guess. We have kept it pretty low drama, we are staying cool and calm, trying to plan best for our future and get the most for our money. Exciting and scary. :D


The only downside is that we LOVE where we live. Our house is cute, but a little too small for us as the kids get bigger, and of course it is not ours and we'll have to move out in a year anyway. It just sucks because we are in the best neighborhood EVER and it will be physically painful to leave. Our school as much as I have my complaints and its really really hard work, it just about the best there is in the valley, and it will be really hard to downgrade that. It seriously makes me sick, I can't even think about it. It will be like moving away from home for the first time or something. Bleh. It makes the whole process a little less fun (happy now, Maddy?? LOL) So everyone needs to STOP being so dang awesome for the next couple months, OK?? LOL just kidding that is not even possible. Stop it, you're making my cry already and I havn't even packed a flippin box yet!


So thats the big scoop, that is what is happening around here. Oh yeah, and we got family pictures done tonight and from what I can tell they are awesome!! I am beyond excited about them. Woot!! I'll hopefully post them tomorrow.

6 comments:

caseyann said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!!!!!! So happy for you guys!! and yes you deserve this! it will be so great to have your own home again!! keep me updated.

Chelsea said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is really the best news! Good luck! :) You know you can get double the home for the price here! :) But the property taxes are outrageous. Hope you get what you need and want!!!

Marcie and Holly said...

Congratulations! That's really exciting. We want our own house. Then you can do WHATEVER you want!

Maddy said...

Geez -- what's up with the jerks above who are actually *excited* for you guys to move? They obviously don't have the best neighbors in the whole world! ;p

I really am excited for you, but I still can't imagine our street without you guys :( Thank heavens for the blog because you'll be sooooo far away ;D Geez, I'm really sarcastic today.

Amber said...

Ditto Maddy! I am waiting as long as I can to share the news with my boys, they are going to be so SAD!

CONGRATULATIONS LAMB FAMILY!!!!

Amber said...

By the way, I am totally loving this blogging! All your guys pages are so too fun and way cute!!!