
Today I decorated Coopers teachers door at school. It was actually a fun and creative thing to do, I say that now because I mostly liked how it turned out. LOL I made the treasure chest out of a cereal box so it's 3-D and the gold "coins" each have the kids names. My main concern is sturdiness, I have no clue if this stuff will even stay on for an entire week of opening/closing, and random kids walking by who could pick stuff off. She really liked it, that was the most important part, right? There were a lot of cute doors, and as I was slaving away with my aim-a-flame, paintbrush and sharpie, the mom next to me unrolls this adorable already assembled tree/beehive door cover that she made at home and just had to stick the bees the kids made onto it, and presto. Mine took me like an hour and a half. Then I pass by Wyatts class door and every kid had a purple tulip with their name and a picture on it.....except my kid. Where was I?? I feel bad, I guess I missed the memo. I wonder if the room mom will notice if I make my own purple tulip and put one together of him and just stick it on?? I asked him if he knew about it, he didn't know what I was talking about. Wierd.
Anyway, I'm gonna have to keep checking up on the door to make sure everything stays attached. And the door across the hall has the same "we treasure you" thing going on, but oh well, they look very different so its ok. But what are the odds?? Hey, I never claimed to be original!! LOL
I had the privilege of going to the scrapbook store and using their computer machine to make these letters. Was it a cricut or a Sizzix......something but whatever it is I MUST have one!!!
Weekend outlook: fairly calm, 2 extras sleeping over tonight but Cade's on a campout, tomorrow its CLEANING DAY!! Sunday: complete relaxation and vegetation.

6 comments:
That is a really cute idea! ...I don't remember doing anything like that for my teachers growing up...
I love the door! It turned out really good. I thought it looked very creative! Good work!
It was a cricut. I can tell by the font. I totally want one too! I borrowed my girl friend's to do the letters for Ellie's door. You should have just come over and used it instead of driving to a Scrapbook store goof!
Your door did turn out cute. Sorry abotu Wyatt's flower. That stinks. So random that he didn't get one.
The door turned out great!! I'm sure the teacher loved it.
Let's talk Maddy into getting the Cricut so we can all use it!!
I love it! Wanna come decorate my door?!
Wow, that looks so AWESOME! Very nice job. How crazy that right across the hall they did nearly the same thing.
BTW, I LOVE my haircut. I have styled it different everyday, it is SO MUCH FUN!!!
Post a Comment