Saturday, May 17, 2008

Alo-HA! Girl Party!!!

We celebrated Sadie's birthday a little early this year, she got to have her friend party friday night because there is just no other time to do it between now and the time we go to Missouri. I think everyone had a pretty good time. In fact, we were having such a good time that I didn't get many pictures. I did get some funny video. It was a summer beach theme. YAY dollar store!!


When the girls showed up I had strawberry daquiri's and Pina coladas in blenders with umbrellas and straws:




She ended up having 8 friends over, it was a good number of girls and they all got along and had fun together. We played musical towels, then we limbo'd for about 10 minutes. Then it was time for some serious DDR, then we did Cake:








Then more DDR, trampoline, and then presents. Sadie got so many awesome presents, I was so excited for her. Really fun stuff. Blingy flip flops, adorable beaded necklace, webkins, gift cards, clothes, she loved everything. Then the girls just played around until the parents came. It was 2 hours total, short and sweet. The boys were with my MIL so it was total girl overload. The girls all got to take Lei's home. It really was a fun inexpensive party. Her actual birthday is next week, she gets her blog tribute then! LOL


Heres a different angle of the cake. I made it using 2 pound cakes (this is a NO bake project, perfect for summer!) and I made a template using one of Sadie actual flip flops with paper. So I cut the shapes out, then I sliced them horizontally and filled each one with a couple of inches of strawberry ice cream.




I let them freeze and then covered them with Cool whip, which is where I started wishing I had done it different. I really wished I would have used fondant, or at least frosting, because Cool Whip sucks trying to make it looks nice because it dosent ever really harden. And the Sprees I used for the sides had a hard time staying up in the Cool Whip. For the straps I happened to find a patterned Fruit By The Foot that I really liked, so that was cool. I really want to try these again and do the adjustments, it would be really fun. I set them on crushed graham crackers like sand. The girls theought it was really cool and it tasted yummy with the pound cake, strawberries and coolwhip. Next time I'll go for looks. :D

7 comments:

Breezy said...

So cute!!!!! I LOVE IT You should be on Ace of Cakes!

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh, that cake turned out way too cute!!! You are so stinking creative. And the decor looks great. yeah dollar store!

The Tyler's said...

Love the cake! I totally want to try doing that.
Happy Birthday Sadie! We love you and can't wait to have you babysitt!!!

Amber said...

What an awesome cake!!! I love it!!! I wish I was that creative :) Happy Birthday Sadie!!!!

Kat said...

How creative! I absolutely love it! Wonderful job- I hope you are proud of you yourself! Glad the party was a success too!

Do you really have to move??
Just when I want to start getting my hair done...agh!
Oh well. Have any time toward the end of NEXT week??

Aimee said...

Too cute!

Amy F. said...

Are you kidding?! It turned out awesome -the cool whip job looks great! I love your ideas, so I guess you'll just have to practice again on my birthday! ;)