Friday, June 22, 2007

Is it almost over??

Weddings are like moving. It sounds like a great idea, you are all pumped up about everything and its so exciting. The planning, the shopping, things coming together......then you get to that point where you just want it to be OVER already!! But it is not an option to just say screw it, I'm tired and not finish. They got married this morning, and I am exhausted!!!!!!!! LOL And now I have just a few hours to get all of us ready for the reception, I'm nervous about the cake, I'm just hoping it all comes together OK. My mom paid someone to do the reception for us but we still have to get all the good there on time and get the bride re-ready. I must say, her hair and makeup turned out super gorgeous. I've been such a bawl-baby this whole week. They did their photos yesterday afternoon, and seeing my little baby sister looking that amazing out on the green lawn in front of the temple, I just completely lost it. And then the ceremony this morning, fuggetaboutit, I was such a crybaby. But it was happy tears, so I guess its OK. I can't wait to post pics.

Tomorrow I have to go to Cottonwood (about 2 hours away) for the grooms reception, and I have to take all the kids, but my mom and dad got a hotel so we will go swimming and then the thing and then drive home late that night. Then my sister goes to the airport at 6 am. I have to admit, it is not easy being the oldest sister, its just a lot of responsibility, and my mom needs me. I'm just really wanting to have this be the best experience of her life so I'm going overboard with the effort a little. Next week may be a bust, I think I may tank out completely because I feel like a wrung out dishrag physically and emotionally right now with all of it. So if you dont hear from me its becuase I'm laying on the couch drooling in a catatonic state. But its cool, I'm just trying to enjoy the parts of it that I can and work hard, it will be over soon enough.

4 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Oooo, I can't wait to see the pictures. I love weddings, but agree with you 100%. I'm glad they are over. Same with Christmas and Thanksgiving ... a whole lot of work for an hour or so result.

You're such a good daughter, sister, and mom. Hope you are able to have some fun too!!!

Pamela said...

what a good Big Sis ! Take care sweetie & enjoy the rest when yo get there :)

Maddy said...

What a great way to describe a wedding, although I feel like I'm that way with pretty much anything in life. I love the anticipation and the build-up, but once it's almost here, I'm sick of it. Any sort of event, project. . .

Glad it's over and I hope you can relax and enjoy what's left of summer!

chantal2bfit said...

I hear you about weddings! I just went through it with my brother. Can't wait to see the pics!