Sunday, June 03, 2007

Made my week!

OK yeah, I hafta tell about how I got asked out the other day. It was a couple weeks ago. It was so funny. It makes me realize how glad I am that I am not out there looking for someone to hook up with. Geez, it must be brutal!! I was at home depot getting light bulbs and stucco patch (so glamourous, I know) and I was asking one of the employees where something is (of course) and I accidentally made eye contact with this guy, I had been trying not to but it's hard, I could tell he was looking at me.. I hate that. So I start walking back to find some styrofoam and sense someone behind me (not in a creepy way, just someone there) and its the same guy. Cute light skinned black guy in scrubs. He's saying "Excuse me.....excuse me" I'm like Oh crap, so being the nice person I am I turn around....

Guy:"HI, is *so-and-so*(can't remember the name) around? "

Me: "what?"

Guy:"You know, *so-and-so*.....you don't work here with her?"

M:"No, um, I don't work here" (DUH I'm not wearing an orange vest retardo!)

G:"Oh, gee, I'm sorry" stretches out hand "I'm *Sam*(can't remember the name)Its really really nice to meet you" Shakes my hand, but keeps holding it, ya know how they do "So, are you shopping for stuff for the house then? (yes, the a/c filters were the clue)

M:"Oh, yeah, just house stuff" I plop my ring hand up on the cart-my heart is pounding at this point, I'm so not clever

G: "So do you ever get over to Fridays for drinks anytime?"

M: "Ah, no, I don't. I'm just a boring stay at home mom"-giggle

G: "aw, never, huh? Well, you are a very pretty girl, it was sure nice to meet you"

M: "Um, thanks, you too"

G:"See you later"

Boy I wish I could have come up with something so snarky or funny but I was so speechless, I probably looked like a deer in the headlights. I felt like it, anyways. I know its stupid, but it was very flattering. I was looking pretty cute that day, I was all showered and having a good hair day. I coudn't wait to get home and tell Mark, I knew he'd get a kick out of it. His approach was alright, I'd give it about a 5, although the "do you work here?" line is a little corny, he just jazzed it up by mixing in a "Don't you work with so-an-so?" which is just a version of "do I know you?". I give him points for creativity and courage to just approach a potential date wearing scrubs, kind of happenstance. I seem to get hit on by the same "type" of guys (not that it happens ALL the time, but on the rare occasion) I really think its my hair (esp. when it was blonder) and my *ahem* body type. If you get my meaning.


While we are on the subject I have to add the one time last year that the SAME GUY approached me twice in about 3 months time. Once at circleK, and then down the street at Target. Same guy, same lines, he must have thought I was 2 different women. What is up with that?? I REALLLY needed a snarky comment that time but I totally blanked with shock. Talk about hilarious!!!! The only thing that bothered me was the second time I was with Sadie, I'm like, Dude, seriously. He was a cute (very cute) light skinned black guy. He had a pretty nice car too. Too funny though.


Anyway, its a funny story and it made me feel good, and we ladies ALL need a much as we can get of that, huh?? LOL

5 comments:

Pamela said...

thanks for the "dirt" on the story! _ we gotta get our fun somehow right? & liveing vicariously thu our friends works just fine!
whooo hooo Hottie Momma! LOVE the very cute reaction...OH who am I kidding?! I've done the exact same sorta thing... deer in the headlights! OMG! ~lol~ SO TRUE!

chantal2bfit said...

That's too funny! But at least he was cute! You're a hottie yourself, so I'm not surprised he couldn't resist your charms. ;)

Maddy said...

Yeay for you! I know it was probably akward and all, but I'm slightly jealous that you got hit on. I haven't been hit on since 1999. Well, there was the road trip to Vegas where me and all my married girl friends were stalked by high school tudents in their mom's mini van.

Good for you! And I hope you're having fun on your vacation. :)

Stef said...

WooHoo.....Hottie Janel got hit on!

=)

Anonymous said...

You still got it woman!