Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bluegrass and Wedding Hustle






I just have time for a super quick check in, I'm sure most of you would appreciate getting the previous post content off the top of this page LOL. Last weekend I took the kids (along with my dad) to the Huck Finn bluegrass festival in Victorville, CA. It was mostly good, a couple small glitches but a fun camping trip and my kids had a blast. It was a LOT of work. Now I know why camping is more of a dad activity, although I think I did prety darn good for a single camping mom with 5. Cade is quite the bluegrass singer. He can harmonize really well and was able to sing with Rhonda Vincent and the Rage (who is apparently a very famous bluegrass superstar) during an impromptu jam session, and really impressed everyone, which was exciting.



Now its full on wedding week. My sisters are all here at my house, we are going with our mom tonight to stay in a hotel suite, hang by the pool, go eat at Olive Garden, then back to the resort to play with wedding day makeup(I am doing it...I 'm a little nervous) but it will be really fun. Then tomorrow sleep in, checkout as late as possible and go get mani-pedi's and lunch. I even got a couple new things to wear so I'm feeling awesome. Chubby, but awesome. :D I trekked out to my friend Casey's house to pick up my new bling-y swarovski crystal Haviana flip-flops. She makes them and I traded her 2 hair weaves for a pair (Yup, they are pricey, but so fab!) so I have some cute shoes to sport my pedi this weekend. I'm so excited. Can you tell I don't get out much??? LOL I will post pics this weekend of all of this fun stuff, I love weddings!! :D

4 comments:

chantal2bfit said...

Wow! You are one busy woman! The cakes look great. I bet they taste even better. Good luck with the wedding!

PS
Love Ace of Cakes. It's one of my fave shows right now. :)

Anonymous said...

That camping trip looks like fun. How cool that Cade was able to sing with them.

Good luck with the wedding. Hope you have a blast!

KatieFeldmom said...

How do you do it all? You amaze me!
Good Luck on all the wedding stuff. Can't wait to see those shoes. Sound very cool and pretty.

Maddy said...

I can't wait to see wedding pictures. I saw your sister as I was coming home frm the gym this morning and her hair looked gorgeous. I'm sure once she gets that dress on, she'll look fabulous.

And I can't wait to see the boys dressed up like mini-Trumps :)

Thanks for the loan of Cooper. I promised him another play date too and I'll take Wyatt as well.