Monday, June 11, 2007

Boy I'm on a ramble today, eh??

I hate it that I have to be up early to watch my neice this morning. I love her, she's darling, but she gets up WAY too early. 6:30 this morning just a'int right on a summer monday! If it were my kids I could go back to sleep but I can't take the chance that they will mess up the cake I am practicing making for my sisters wedding next week. There is mischeif in numbers, apparently.

Mark went to scout camp voluntarily on his 2 days off for the week. I wont lie and say it didn't hurt my feelings just a little. So since we've been back from Vegas last tuesday, he worked wed-thru sunday, came home and slept an hour after church yesterday, then left for camp, he'll get back tuesday(tomorrow) then work wed thru sunday again.And work sunday night. Its not me so much, I just feel bad because he dosen't see the kids hardly at all. I don't really love the single mom scemario I've got going on. Its just a long stretch of 2 weeks on my own. Luckily I'm REALLY busy which keeps me distracted but I am SO bored at night. He did not have to go to this campout thing, and really didn't consult me in the least, just "hey, I'm gonna be gone" which I think is the part that hurt my feelings. Oh well I guess if he would have gotten my feedback I would have said "don't go, we hardly see you as it is" and then he would have gone anyway and I would have been pissed then too. BTW we do this whole "scout camp drama" every year, but it usually involves me running some sort of one of his businesses while he is gone for a week at the thing, so its not as bad this year. I'm sure he's having fun sitting around, shootin the breeze with the guys and the boys and making up funny skits and blah blah blah, I'm just saying give it a rest for one stinkin year. And you can bet I'm gonna milk my "girl time" next week with my sisters wedding stuff. We are staying in a hotel suite, going out to dinner and getting our nails done as wedding "prep". Cuz now he owes me BIG TIME.

SO now I'm starting to get geared up for my fall schedule. I signed Cade up for serious football, I pinky promised Sadie dance lessons, and the boys want to play something too. I think I can put them off till later, like a winter soccer league. I'm taking on one extra day of babysitting, I think it will be a full day which will be challenging, but the ONLY other thing I am adding is teaching piano lessons.(I need to call you, Maddy)I can't decide when to start, I'm thinking first week of August, just bedcause that will get everyone a chance to get the school year going and get the routines in order and won't disturb summer fun time. But then I think mabye starting in July would be good, that will get the piano thing going so things don't go too crazy all at once and we'll be all established. I already have 6 students and I think I'm gonna cap it at that in the interest of time and because It will be somthing of a trial. Who knows, mabye I'll suck at it. Well, it would be hard to suck at teaching beginning piano, but certainly possible. My hair business is picking up as well which I am really excited about, I've been pretty busy with it for about 3 weeks straight because my client base is growing which is so awesome. Usually I'm busy for 2 weeks, then kind of dead for a couple weeks and it cycles like that.

SO I have some serious scheduling to do, I've always just kind of taken things as they come as far as hair clients and baby sitting random kids and all that, but its time to put the brakes on it all and get a schedule. I need to pick specific hair days, and specific piano days, and work those around the babysitting days, etc. I know it all seems like a lot I'm taking on, but I'm only babysitting for one more year. I told the mom yesterday, I'm good till the end of the school year,mabye part of the summer, then I'm done. I'll have all my kids in school all day, and my babysitting days will be at a close (besides the casual favors and playdates, of course) So once I stop babysitting, I can do 2 piano days, and 2 hair days, it will be way less overwhelming. I am basically looking at 1 more school year of chaos, its the last big push to the end.

Now to the big question...the Fitness thing. There is no WAY I will be able to pull this off this year without working out and eating right. I'm preachin to the choir here, but we all know that the only way to live a turbo-lifestyle and have the energy to not either A> Crash and burn and quit everything, sinking deep into depression or B>start using illegal drugs or C> check into the loony bin with a nervous breakdown - is to get some energy and endorphins flowing every day and cut out starch, fat and sugar. I gotta do it, or I won't be able to do all the other stuff and still be a good mom/wife. Simple as that.

BTW What happened to my cool template?? Is it gone?

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh Hon... I had a good laugh at all the FRIKKEN summer bit .. but I sooo feel for ya & the zoo that is your world!
BIG HUGS..& yes the flowers are missing?!

KatieFeldmom said...

Dang!!! Again, I don't know how you do it!!! WOWSERS!!! I think the piano and the hair schedule is a great idea. Being organized won't hurt at all.

As for the fitness side, yes yes yes. You are so right and I hope you can put that on your schedule too. Make it like an appointment and you'll be less inclined to miss it. Good Luck!!!

Maddy said...

I still see your template!

And you are CRAZY! I can't believe all that you have on your plate. I can't even imagine having 5 kids much less everything else. I guess that is what happens when you're multi-talented!

We're good with whenever for piano lessons. August sounds great!