Wednesday, May 16, 2007

OVERWHELMED

Thats it, just OVERWHELMED. Theres no simplifying my life, short of selling off a couple kids, and obviously thats not an option. Threr are so many things I want to change about my life, but those changes are not feasible at this stage of my life, I have to learn to live with stuff. Or, continue to live with the challenges I've always had. I think in my next post I better start listing all my blessing or something, that would be good.

I'm feeling terrible right now because I found out that Cade has been being bullied at school, apparently there is a "don't hang out with Cade" rule going around right now. So they are not physically bullying him, but ostracizing him. It really kills me. This is like my worst nightmare, that is no joke. Luckily we've had lots of good ocnversations, the school is on his side and is doing something about it, but it still hurts my feelings like nothing else. It hurts me this bad, I can't imagine what he must be going through. Every day when I drop him off the dread he must feel. I almost started crying this morning dropping him off and watching him walk over to line up. Its really horrible. He has friends in other classes, but they don't have lunch or recess with those other classes, so it does him no good. I'm pissed that the teacher didn't clue in, she dosen't really like him for whatever reason, so mabye it wouldn't have helped. Luckily he knows he's an awesome kid (Lambs are renowned for their confidence) and we just have to finish this year, and I will make sure he is in class with his friends next year. If the principal wont make that happen, I will be checking into other schools.

Anyway, not everything is bad, but its been a tough week.

9 comments:

Shelli said...

Sorry Cade is going throught that, it really must suck! Just a few more weeks though and school will be out right? Glad you ended up with a good Mother's Day after all! Hope you are doing well.

Casey said...

Gosh Janel, that almost made me cry. I always thought that would be my worst nightmare too. My favorite saying: this too shall pass. He'll get through it and it'll make him a stronger person. But I'm on board if you want to get a list of names and kick some serious butts!!

Nancy said...

Janel -

Boy, can I relate! A girl who used to be my daughter's best friend has off and on over the past 2 years made a big effort to ostrasize her from groups of friends. Telling other kids not to talk to her or play with her, whispering and pointing, ignoring her and giving her dirty looks and then occasionally acting like they are best friends again. Kids can be so mean, just makes me want to take care of it myself. But I know I can't do that, I have to let my kid experience how to handle it and help them know what to do, what to say, etc. It is a learning experience. I have been telling my daughter that she knows how this feels and to use it as a guide in how to treat others...she would never want to make anyone feel as badly as this girl and the others she pulls in have made her feel. That is what "bullies" do. They bond with others over a victim; the others get drawn in because they don't want to be treated like the victim is being treated. Most of the kids probably don't feel all that good about treating him this way, but are afraid of how they will be treated if they DON'T.

I feel badly for Cade and you, but I agree that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I also tell my daughter to pray for her "friend"; and that I feel sorry in a way for her as she must be very insecure, most bullies are. Maybe tell Cade that as well. I hope it gets better soon, hang in there!!!

Nancy

carolakabb said...

sorry to hear that... as jack has aspergers (a mild for of autism) I am living in dread of the day that happens... I am praying since he's been w/ these kids since preschool and they've always been supportive so far it won't ever happen... but it is something as a mother that just breaks your heart.

jen said...

hey girlie...sorry to hear about cade's hard times at school. that is a stressful thing for a mom to handle. :( I'm sure that you "lambs" will come out on top of the situation though...not only because you're confident and strong...but because you have God's blessings on you. :)

miss ya twinkster! life is hectic here too...we're moving...but not sure when exactly. what month/days are you passin' thru?? I would love to meet up with you for a bit!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate to hear that! We've experienced a similar situation with my fourth grade son. It just kills me to hear him say "Do I HAVE to go today? Please let me stay home Mom" Thankfully a kid moved into his class and they are best of friends now.

Unfortunatly there is alot of pain in growing up. No one ever warned us it'd be tenfold as a mother though did they?

*hugs* Just a few more weeks. You guys will make it and we're here to cry with you in the meantime.

Donna said...

We just went through the same thing with my daughter. She's in 5th grade and the group of girls that she hung out with decided to stop hanging around with her. They started calling her a liar in school and she finally went to the Guidance Counselor. I felt so bad for her. She didn't want to go to school anymore. She begged me to home school her. The Guidance Counselor was great! Even though she doesn't hang around with this group anymore, they don't bother her anymore either. It's such a difficult situation and I feel for you.

doidle said...

Janel, I'm so sorry!! Poor Cade. He'll get through it and be a stronger kiddo for it. I can imagine what you're going through. I think it's twice as bad for the mom than for the kid!! Hang in there!

Maddy said...

Oh Janel! That is so hard! I am soooo sorry. I don't even want to think about how much harder it's going to get as my kids get older.

Cadei s such a cutie, I'm glad he's got such a great self confidence!!! He's a good kid and he's going to be an amazing adult -- no matter what happens to him. You are doing a great job and so lucky to have such an amazing kid! I really love getting to know Cade through Primary and I'm always really impressed with him.