Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day update

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to everyone out there! My day has been nice so far, it started going down hill a bit but I pulled it around. I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY today! Heres the recap of how it went downand a little lesson for us all that there IS a master plan out there, we just don't always get the memo-

So I got up on time, made yummy breakfast, got my kids out the door by 8:15 all on my own, we are rockin and rollin. Got church done, it was really busy but fun, get home....and the little "mothers day entitlement" starts creeping in. I make the mistake some years of thinking I'm gonna get pampered or treated special or something but thats just not how it goes around here (especially when Mark has worked all night and hasn't been to sleep yet...can't blame him)So of course I'm dead tired from working my tail off this week (illustrated by the fact that I lost 3 pounds and wan't even really dieting or working out that dilligently) and just wanted a nap. I'm not kidding the little turkeys were in my room bugging me and in the process disturbing Mark every 20 minutes for an hour. I had to get up finally and I was NOT HAPPY. So I told them since they wouldn't let me sleep we were going to work instead of relax and I put them to task bigtime. Rooms, dishes, backyard, anything I could think of. Major punishments. JUST as I was finishing up the vacuuming guess who surprises me at the door..........my LANDLORD comes by for a pop-in because I'd called him earlier to come look at some stuff and he just happened to be going by. HA! BOY was I relieved that I hadn't been asleep all afternoon, the place would have been thrashed and I would have been SO stressed out. He came at the perfect time, it worked out great. What a huge blessing that my kids were total whiny brats today. Now I can relax and enjoy the rest of my day now that Mark is awake and I don't have to stress about them being quiet. Plus, some stuff is gonna get fixed around here. Woo hoo!!

That is my mothers day miracle story. *sigh*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just "blog-hopping" and came across yours -- first of all, you are my hero just for having 5 kids, lol! I have two (6rs&7mos)and I don't know how you do it.

I especially loved your description of "Mother's Day entitlement" -- that is SO exactly what happens! I felt it too and my day also almost went down the tubes...but like you I managed to pull myself out of it and salvage what was really blessings in disguise :)

Happy Mom's Day to you, from one to another!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you worked hard on Mother's Day! Happy Belated Mother's Day! You NEED a day at the spa after all that work! Glad you were able to turn it around though. It IS all about how we perceive it though, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Way to go Janel! I would love to talk to you sometime about how you raise your kiddos. I can tell you're doing a wonderful job and I'd love some advice. You seem like a great mom.

Pamela said...

Funny we ende up having an afternoon full of mega chores around here too.. but I decided that WAS my Mother's day entitlement ~Lol~ I just got to help with what Jamie was building for me - regardless..we both got clean houses outta the deal right?! :D

Maddy said...

I couldn't wait to get home and read this, but the kids were not co-operating. Glad it lived up to my expectations. Sorry your mother's day was crappy :( At least you got a *GORGEOUS* frame out of the deal. (I say that with complete sarcasm)

Steven said...

Happy Belated Mommy's Day!