Thursday, May 17, 2007

CAUTION: fun and relaxation ahead

Yes, I can't believe that I am looking FORWARD to this weekend!! It is the Father and Sons campout weekend for church, where all the menfolk go off for an overnight and do whatever it is they do (and us moms don't even wanna think about what goes on with the dads in charge)I'm sure its all the dirt-diggin, nose-pickin, fire-pokin fun on the planet and no kid (or dad) ever wants to miss it! Some wildfires have impeded on the site where it was supposed to be but it has been moved to another locale. Mark has to work friday night but my brother Nick (bless his heart) is gonna go and be with the boys after Mark has to leave. Mark is taking them up a little early to spend some extra time since he will have to cut it short so of course the boys are thrilled they get to miss school friday. And Mark gets to miss sleep on friday. Yipes. The best part is that it will be just me and my girl Sadie friday and Saturday (with the exception of friday morning when I have to babysit and late friday night/saturday morning I have to babysit my neice.....DANG IT!!)but at least we will have a few hours to do girl stuff like go to a nice dinner and mabye a movie (I'm thinking Shrek 3). I hate it that we always have tag alongs on the weekends but oh well, what can I do?? I'm not dwelling on that part, just the really fun part. So tonight I can get everything put together for the campout and so I don't have to do any housework while they are gone. We are all so excited!

I think things got worked out for the most with Cade and school, luckily it is the end of the year, and also we have pinpointed a couple of things that he could do different to help the situation next year. Still don't really care for his teacher though. I can't put my finger on it, its just more of an aloof, I dunno, I can't explain it. She's like a crabby 65 year old woman in a 26 year olds body. I wanna say something like "Hey, YOU have 5 kids and go through what I have and then you can give me attitude" 2 more weeks.

5 comments:

The Tyler's said...

Yeah for Father and Sons. I'm looking forward to it too. I'm excited to just hang out with my Sadie also. That rarely happens. How excited were you when they let Melinda go. I was freaking out!!!

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh, you sooo need it! So glad you're going to be able to soak in some estrogen. Run and get some pedicures before they get home today.

Anonymous said...

Hey Janel-hope you are enjoying and resting during the all girl weekend. I sure miss you...take care of yourself-Hugs, Dede

KatieFeldmom said...

Hope you had a great and RELAXING weekend. You definitely needed it!!!

Pamela said...

Sorry I've missed the events round here.. btwn being sick & then deciding to go away for a few days for our long weekend .. I missed all this Glad that things with Cade are better.. I totally understand how rough it can be sometimes with Kids.. & *ahem* Not stepping in & doing something is SO hard! Hope the rest of your weekend went well darlin!
**HUGS**