Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I've been hacked

Well this sucks the big one. My bank card has beeen compromised AGAIN. This is the 3rd time in 4 months. I've gotten new cards, new accounts, but someone keeps doing it. Obviously someone has me flagged as a target and is going to hack into anything I have, so that sucks. I just hope its not someone I know. It just too much in a short period of time for it not to be someone who knows me. But then I think....OK If they knew me they would know I have no money...so why bother?? Steal from someone who actually has something to steal, ya know? I got a couple of credit card application rejection notices in the mail, that I didn't apply for, so I'm sure my whole identity is stolen if they are doing that too. I know it all has to be stemming from losing that stupid folder with all my important papers in it. I really think someone came in the house and stole it. They have my ss# (and of the kids, too, but not Marks, his is here thank goodness)so I have to do checks into all of us. I realized it was missing right about the time my account got hacked the first time. I'm not sure how you make a connection to the SS cards and my checkcard, though. Thats where I think its someone who knows me. Especially since I've changed cards 3 times and it keeps happening. I would think it would be my online banking, but that really dosen't connect to my actual card. Its so wierd. I don't buy anything online, and this new card has a whole new account, and I haven't even had it long enough to pay bills with or anything, and it still got used by someone else. The whole thing is so frustrating.

Solution: Old school. No bank account, the few things I have to do through the bank Mark will take over, and I'm going cash only. If someone wants to steal my money they will have to do it the old fashioned way and pry it out of my fists. I'm really pissed because it is so convenient to do bill pay and paymnts over the phone, but I have to go back to the old way I guess. Does anyone have any advice, who has been through this before? It sure sucks.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry this is happening to you Janel. I wish I had some good advice for you, but I've never been through this so I don't know what I would do.

Maybe you could sit down with someone at the bank and they would have some suggestions. Does Mark know anyone he works with that deals with identity theft cases?

Good luck! I hope this all works out soon.

KatieFeldmom said...

I don't have any advice, but I'm so sorry that you are having to go through that. Good Luck!!!

The Tyler's said...

I don't kow what to tell ya but I will help you fight them off when they come to take the money from your fists!

doidle said...

Oh, God, the worst pain in the a$$ there is..identity theft, og I sooo feel for you. I am SOO sorry. I hope you can foil their dumb ass. I hope they get caught sooner or later. Where are they spending money?

Bet there's a help group or somethign somewhere for this type of thing.

My brother (blonde, blue eyes) got his identity stolen. He got an arrest warrant in the mail b/c someone used his drivers license when they had a DUI..the perp was black.

Casey said...

Be sure to report it to all three of the credit bureaus, they will flag your credit reports. That way at least the scum bag can't ruin your credit. Scott & I had to do this once. Good luck!

Pamela said...

OH GOOD grief! this is awful Hon!
I hope that you can find some help on all this!
Thinking of you!

HUGS!

Maddy said...

Oh that SUCKS! I don't even want to think about how miserable that must be. (BTW, I think you should keep your money in your bra ;-p)