Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Owwwwwww

I went to the new gym today. In case you're wondering it is Lifetime Fitness and it is quite the place. I'd been before with friends and totally loved it (whats not to love about marble, glass and beautiful people??)So I took a class that a couple friends said was a killer, the traditional total body conditioning. Yeah, more like total body annihalation!!! YIPES!!! This poor bod has barely broken a sweat (for exercise, anyway ;) in more than 6 weeks, and I knew it was gonna be a real shocker, and boy was it ever. We did tons of everything, it was an 80 minute class for cryin out loud. I was mentally prepared but now every single fiber of my body is yelling at me! I didn't even try to over do, I used very light weight (cuz I know ther'd be a zillion reps and there was!) But hey, bod better get used to it because playtime is OVER. I'm signing up this weekend and its back to business.

Then Mark calls tonight at about 9:30pm. Seems he forget to mention that he had voluntered to bring chicken enchiladas to work tonight, its his first night out in a car by himself, no more field training!! WOOT! Luckily I had everything on hand and whipped up a couple pans and took them over. Had he told me I could have had them ready before his shift, but he forgot, so they got there a little late, but very fresh. :D It was cool to see him pull up to the thing in his own cruiser, I'm so proud!! I went in and met some of the guys, I knew some of them already, it was cool. Geez though talk about a loooong hiring process. 1 year ago he put his first app in, and now tonight he's official. It has been a really good experience. We have all learned a lot. Then as I was leaving he got a call and took off in a hurry, my stomach flip flopped a little seeing him drive off all alone to go take care of whatever it was. Just a bit unnerving. I'm just so super proud of what he has accomplished. He was one of the first ones to be released on his own, the rest of the guys have to do a little more training. Yeah baby, you rock!!

I'm supposed to be cleaning for this party Friday, but I just can't get into it. Hence the blogging and the cheerful late-night cooking. I'm really gonna regret it tomorrow if I slack tonight, but I'm wiped out. I'm seriously considering having housecleaner people come in on friday morning and do it. I just have way too much other stuff to plan and food to get and assign out. I think it would be worth it. I'm gonna look into it tomorrow. That could be fun :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good workout. Doesn't it feel so good when you can feel your body burning that fuel? Gotta love it.

Congrats to your Hubby. How nice. My Hubby wanted to be a cop, but he's too old for the test now. He seems to think I would make a good cop. He's too funny.

KatieFeldmom said...

So glad to hear about Mark!!! How exciting for him and for your family.

Pamela said...

The workout sounds tres cool!!.. I really need to think about getting back to a Gym that has classes.. the All Iron phlilosophy only goes so far!
Nice that Mark is all offical now! that is a GOOD thing for all of you!
As to Friday.. I wrote you a bit on Blends.. but email me if you have 2 secs & wanna pick my brain somemore!

Stef said...

Yay for Mark and I am sure this is just the beginning of more major positive stuff coming your way!

BTW...watched "What the (Bleep) do we know". It was a bit odd, but I understood its meaning. My brother gave it to me months ago and I had just never watched it, but after you said something about it too......I made it a priority. Thanks!

=)

Nancy said...

Janel - I work at a LifeTime Fitness. Total Conditioning..yep, its a killer!!! I was working on teaching it, but am too busy (and let's face it - tough to teach and DO) so I put it to the side!!! I have been teaching Basic Training, Core and 50/50 classes. I am taking a quarter off right now and plan to teach their new branded CORE class starting in the summer. Try one of the Strong classes (might be called barbell strength) for hypertrophy. You use the Iron-Grip equipment (barbells) and goal is to come to temporary failure in 16 reps (If I remember correctly). The other classes are mostly muscle endurance because you do so many reps.

My favorite thing there is to go into the euclyptus steam room after working out and right before a shower...it feels AWESOME! You ar right, great place to take the kids - they can hang out in the cool day care while you work out and then nab them and go to the pool.

Congrats to Mark on the job!!!