Saturday, May 06, 2006

My 25

I have been thinking about what the 25 things that make me who I am too. I am super boring, but here goes.

1. I'm not really much of "kid at heart" kind of gal. I like to have fun, but I'm more of a "teenager at heart" if that makes sense. I'd rather play football with the kids or read to them, rather than play toy cars on the floor.

2.I enjoy Christmas more for its religious aspects, and I love to give presents. The financial part stresses me out though.

3. I was classically ballet trained from age 8 to 14, I performed a LOT on stage and it was very strict and was basically my life.

4. Around 9th grade I decided I wanted to have a "normal" life and go to the mall with my friends and be a cheerleader so I quit ballet and became a teenager.

5. I don't remember looking up to any one person in particlar besides my step mom.

6. My childhood was spent in northern MN where we raised and butchered chickens, turkeys, pigs, and lived borderline backwoods, although my dad made a decent living.

7. I am BIGTIME daddys girl. One winter he made me my own ice skating rink complete with real igloo in out front yard.

8. We moved to AZ when I was 7 and I've been a city girl ever since.

9. My mom left me and my 2 brothers when I was 8 and they were 3 and 5. My dad got remarried and raised us.It worked out for the best.

10.I am DYING to take my kids to Disneyland.

11. I am a big bargain shopper, I love Ross, Target, Big Lots, and I love getting a great deal on something cute for 5 bucks.

12. If I could only shop at 2 stores the rest of my life, they would be Costco and Target. Between the 2, I could spend 10,000 in 1 day. I'm so not kidding.

13. I tried out for Cheerleading 4 times, and never made the team. My senior year I finally made the pom line, which is the cheer squad's slightly less attractive cousin.

14.I have never tasted alcohol, or smoked snorted or inhaled anything besides air.

15.In High school I was the make out queen, but not sexually active. My friends still thought of me as slutty though, and did not treat me very nice a lot of the time.

16. I took piano lessons from age 6 to 16, and became quite good at it. I then didn't touch a piano for about 5 years, and am just now getting my talent back.

17. I have a great love and appreciation for music, including classical(thanks ballet) I love anything if its right for the occasion.

18. I believe there are some people who could be happy and great with many variety of mates, and others who can only make it work with that one certain person. I am of the first variety, I think.

19.My husband is my best friend, and we are just about as perfect of a match as you could have.

20.I am very religious, I attend church every week, and keep the sabbath day holy. However there are many areas spiritually I need to improve on.

21.My first job was behind the coffee counter at Dunkin Donuts. Age 16.

22. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and theres no such thing as a coincidence.

23. I tend to be a bit of a slob. I hate that about myself.

24. I am embarassed of my mini van. I wish I drove a sweet loaded Yukon XL with nice rims. Any color.

25. My favorite thing to do is spend time with my family, especially my parents and siblings.

7 comments:

Hypertrophy said...

You are definitely our "designated good girl". :)

Minnesota to Arizona ... that's one huge difference in climate, etc.

I've really enjoyed reading about everyone ! This is cool !

Now, you need to get Mark to do the same.

Anonymous said...

Janel...what a cool blog entry. Knowing you...all of this stuff really makes sense. You are a gorgeous person-and that is so super that you and Mark are best friends and are so incredibly happy together. I still can't believe you didn't make the cheer squad-You are so beautiful....smile and personality!! They really messed up on that one! Love ya, Dede

Steven said...

I love it, thanks for sharing.

Don't sweat the mini-van, they rock.

Julie said...

Great list! Thanks for sharing a bit about who you are with us. That must have been so tough to have your mom leave when you were old enough to know what was going on. You obviously are a strong person, and I admire that in you.

I can't wait to take my kids to Disney World one day too!

Tracey said...

I thought the exact same as Jim.

I wish I could put #14 on my blog!

Stef said...

Wow...great list. I enjoyed reading about you!

#14....this is a rare thing that you have NEVER tried any of this. Good for you....you will probably live to be 100!!!

#24....yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with my mini van too!

Stef :-)

Mari said...

Very cool thanks for sharing.