Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing
Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing
The biggest things about it are this: Make sure you form is good, i.e. stick your butt OUT FAR as you can, dip LOW(bend as deep as you can) and slow, and don't stop at the top or bottom, your like a piston up and down smoothly with no stopping at the top or bottom. AND focus your head upwards, chin way up. OK here we go.
I had 10 pounds on the bar (5 on each side) plus the bar on the track is 15lbs, so 25 lbs total.
First: Get your shoulders under the bar and flip the hooks back. put you feet together out far in front of you as you can.(to get your balance) Your body will be in sort of a piked position. then lunge your left leg back behind you as far as you can, using the bar for stability. You should feel a stretch in both thighs. then push off with the back leg and pop it up to your chest.Point you toe. Squeeze you butt the whole time. Do about as many as you can,repetitively on the same leg, and do as many reps as you can. (I'm at about 10-15 before I about give out) make sure you are looking up toward the top of the wall in front of you. Then do the other leg. Rest a minute or 2 then repeat. Just do 2 sets.
Second one: Same deal except when you lunge back, cross your leg behind you SLIGHTLY (not a lot) and make sure and squeeze hard in the lunge position. Like a curtsy lunge, but not a large degree of crossing. if that makes sense. Again with the knee to chest. As many as you can, then repeat.(2 sets)
Third one: Hahaha. :)Legs WAY out in front again(pike position) but keep your legs together. Stick your butt out as far as humanly possible and squeeze your knees together, and bend as deep as you can. Like you are sitting back into a low chair. In Hell.:) So basically a close legged squat. Don't stop at the top or bottom, you are a piston. Look UP and do as many as you can. 2 sets.
Fourth: Basically the opposite. Legs out in front, pike position but spread your legs apart(ignore the men staring at you) FAR as you can, on a smaller rack your toes will be touching the bottom of the rack. Toes and knees turned OUT. Squeeze your butt and squat. Stick your butt OUT. You can push your shoulders back on the bar for support. (dont forget to look up)Do as many as you can, then rest and repeat.
Fifth: Basically a lunge in place squat. Front leg way out, back leg way back, look upwards, and bend till your back knee is almost to the ground and then when you straighten up kind of push up onto the tip of the toe of you back foot (and your squeezing all this time). You may be gripping the bar for dear life, its OK. Just pulse up and down in a continuous motion as many reps as you can, the switch legs, then repeat. 2 sets
There ya go for session #1. I did this and then a few other things, but this is getting a little long. I hope I explained it well enough. Today I felt like I was doing a HIIT while doing this. Nice sexy tomato face. The first time I did it my legs were on fire and hard as rocks. Also, these can be done every day. The lunging should actually be done every day. (this is according to the freestyle program) The theory behind it is basically by overtraining the butt and thighs it will shrink. I am going to be testing this theory, of course. He was showing me the little parts on my butt and hips that were shaking while I was doing these and he's like "if its shaking, you are hitting it just right" so I'm like "woo hoo!"
Anyway whoever tries it you better give us all a report! My report so far is 2 thumbs up! And nobody better get hurt, only do this if you are experienced with the smith machine and make sure your form is REALLY good, K???

2 comments:
Sounds like GREAT weekend!!! SOOO happy for you!!! Steve sounds Ulitmately COOL!
& as to the LBWO...I'll try it & let ya KNOW!
Yep....I need video! :)
Post a Comment