Saturday, May 27, 2006

Chaos, Girls, and Parties!




It was certainly a whirlwind!! Friday I spent doing no less than 2 things at once. I hate days like that. It was beyond crazy. And expensive. I had to make lists to keep track of my lists!! LOL Sadie had the best birthday party ever, though of course. The little girls were so very cute! There was the usual drama, and only 4 of them spent the night. Of course after the fact I found a thing on slumber party tips that would have helped. The best one I thought was to be sneaky and turn all the clocks ahead 2 hours so that at 10 you can say"look, you guys, its midnight, time to go to sleep". At their age, that would have worked. I'll remember that. And then to sit in the room with them for 10 minutes, they will be settled down for sure, if not asleep by then. That was a good idea too.

I made them chocolate covered strawberries cupcakes with creamcheese frosting and maraschino cherries on top, which looked so glamorous!! LOL We got their nails painted at a salon, picked up Panda Express for dinner, went home and ate it. Learned Chinese jumprope, had a dance party, played on the trampoline, I painted all their toes in a french pedicure, then had cake and presents. I think between the nails and the fact that I let them drink Diet Coke, they were pretty happy. Hung around some more then I turned on High School Musical for them to watch to go to sleep. Yeah right. I finally had to turn it off around 12 so they'd settle, when Sadie decided to be a drama queen and went to her room alone crying, mad at me. Oh well. I was TIRED!! Mark got home and we finally just went to sleep. I think they were still up but being quiet.

The next morning was early pick-up because It was Sadie's baptism, which I will blog about on my Lamb family blog, since its a total church thing and I need to update that anyway. It went great. We came back to the house and the Family all came over for sub sandwiches, potato salad and chips. And more presents. It was a nice time. Then Mark and I pretty much crashed. So now the house is demolished, I am demolished and the bank account is demolished but its over now, time to rebuild. And lots of good memories were made, right??

9 comments:

Tracey said...

I have one of those coming up June 10th & a pool party June 17th (why this child thinks she needs 2 parties I don't know - name one little girl you know that gets 2 birthday parties).

I can personally guarantee none of their toes will look like that when they leave my house. I have 2 SIL coming & they're all talking about manicures/pedicures. I still have January's polish on my toes & the entire evening will be spent on MY feet by all of them - they can all have their own toe each.

I'm kinda getting anxiety so any tips you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated as yours sounds like a complete success; and I'm thinking 8 o'clock bedtime.

Amy said...

sounds busy and all i could think was wow that is A LOT of toes you did there!!!!! SOunds like a huge success for the parties. great job

Pamela said...

June 10th Tracey??? Geee YOU 're having a B-day party for ME?? :P

Janel - Sounds like a WONDERFUL TIME & a great bday for Sadie...-sorry 'bout the Drama Queen momment_ but they happen-don't they?
Well done girl!! b-day parties are a LOT of work & yep always too much $$ too! But ALWAYS worth the smiles after!

Suz said...

Sounds like a major party...lots of little piggies to paint! Janel, you are impressive! :)

Lori said...

Hey you mentioned TOM during the cruise too...well I went to my doctor. Since my tubes were tied years ago she gave me the 3 month pack of birth control pills. I just quit taking them after the cruise. She said it may or maynot work. I'm crossing my fingers.

Lori

Julie said...

Sounds like it was great fun for all of the girls! I'm looking forward to doing that sort of thing for my daughter once she's older. Like Tracey, I'm doing a party for my daughter on June 10 but since she's only turning 2, it shouldn't be too bad!

Those cupcakes sound marvelous!

kpottlitzer said...

sounds like you were busy! i just wanted to let you know that i tried the exercises you posted in the video. i am sore in th butt and hammies. but, i also think i brusied the back of neck with the smith machine bar. those exercises are difficult for me b/c it's like an all out body effort. it wasn't as much like an intense burn, but just overall tiredness. is that how they feel to you? thanks again for sharing the videos!

Janel said...

Tracey, my best advice (besides what i already wrote) would be that you have to keep tham busy the whole time, and stay with them the whole time, even during down time. Its when there are no moms around that the claws come out. And the bedrooms get demolished. You can't let them to their own devices or its a disaster. I think they'd LOVE to do you toes for you, thats not a bad idea. I finally just took my polish off this mornng because thre was more nail showing than polish, which for me is totally abnormal.
And Sadie got 3 parties, a mini cake and 2 gifts on the actual b-da, then the sleepover, then the baptism/family party. Must be nice to be the only girl, huh?


Coco, it is definetly an all over body fatigue. It is designed to be cardiovascular. I sweat and breathe like I'm doing a HIIT, for sure! My legs do about give out after 15 reps though. I'm glad you are trying it. Keep me posted.

Thanks guys for all your nice comments, I haven't been posting on blogs much lately, just feeling down and not really myself. I read all of your blogs every day though. Thanks for all of your awesome support!!!

Donna said...

It sounds like you threw one heck of a party. I have 2 parties coming up too. One on June 17th and one July 1st, her birthday is actually the 2nd.

I hope you start feeling like yourself again real soon. Sorry you're feeling down.