Beware: This is a marathon post!! It will not hurt my feelings if you just look at the pictures! If you read this whole thing, you are my hero! :D
EASTER:
I am super sad that I didnt take pictures of Easter. Bummer. I was just too busy having easter to document any of it. It was so stressfull getting all ready, because I worked too so it was tough to do it all. I couldn't even begin preparing until after 3 on Saturday! Yikes! And yes, the kids had enormous chore lists too! Sunday everything came together though. We had lots of family over, and we started off the morning with deeeeeelicious crepeswith allllll the fixings! I love making crepes! I have to say, we made some with nutella, sliced bananas and whipped cream........GETOUT they were heavenly! Ahh! So yummy. Then we started on a traditional Easter feast of spiral glazed ham, yummy potatoes (my personal fave-esp. with sharp cheddar in them!) and salad and rolls. sooooo I kinda forgot the salt in the rolls (the sugar too for that matter, but I kneaded it in :) but I salvaged them. Between sessions everyone played Settlers while I made this:
for my SIL sister Deb's rehab grad that was taking place later that night. I feel bad because I completely threw it together in less than 2 hours but at least it tasted really good :D The butterflies were a significant theme, so that was fun, and it was really cheerful and girly, just like Deb. It was great to have it done and ready to go so I could chill and finish conference, and watch the Blind Side with the fam before we left to the graduation.
We went to the Grad meeting, and then to dinner at Debs rs presidents cute home for dinner on the patio. It was a gorgeous evening, and the orange blossoms and petunias were SO fragrant, I loved it so much. Boy did I come home and crash!!
DAYTONS BIRTHDAY:
My baby is 7!! I never never thought I'd have my youngest be this old! He is just my little sweetheart! He is so huggy and sweet, he loves to talk to me, he tells me such funny things all the time. I'm so glad we have this amazing, super smart sweetie pie to love every day! I feel bad his cake was so messed up, I had a 2 hour window for his party and was late getting the cake done so it was warm and not really frostable, and he really wanted the lego like Wyatts. Since Wyatts was such a pain I thought I could do better just with buttercream.......not so much. Whoops, well now I know, right?? Sorry, Deets. Better cake next year :D It was yum though. After his little family party Grandma Lamb took him and Wyatt for thier birthdays to Build a Bear, where they picked up some new BFFs. They had so much fun and were totally into it. I love Daytons, its perfect for his Shamrock birthday.

Of course, as every year, Cooper gets the most rushed birthday. I feel terrible. Don't tell him though, as far as he says (and from what I can tell, anyway) he had a great birthday. I was working so Mark went and picked out just what he had wanted, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and a UFC game for the Xbox. Plus 2 grandmas gave him 20 bucks and a new outfit AND a bionicle. Not shabby, but considering nothing but my moms gift was wrapped and we sang happy birthday with a store bought cake and sang to him at a wedding reception for Marks cousin in Casa Granda, in a moms eyes it was pretty pathetic. I really think he could have cared less about the cake and singing, he just wanted to be home playing his new game, not at a wedding reception. He's 10, I can't blame him! He was trying SO hard to be patient! Sweet Cooper! I hope someday he will overcome all of this! LOL
He's getting so grown up! His face is getting that Lamb shape......and the retainer makes him look like such a pre teen!

OK he was a little embarrassed when 50 people started singing to him......





I have been going nonstop, I did hair all day yesterday again (which was fun, really, but tiring) and I am so excited to be taking today OFF! Woo hoo! Mark got the kids off to school so I could sleep in and veg, then I went and got a really great mani pedi with a hot rock massage. I'm hoping that I can schedule my hair trade massage for this week, too. Woo HOO! Believe it or not, there is more I could update, like Homeschool, summer plans, new crafts in the works, etc but for now........Janel.......OUT

TRIP TO UTAH:
I got to go to UT with my mom and sis Katie to visit Em! She was super homesick and needed some fun family time, so we drove to the rescue! I have like no pictures of that either, I was so tired the whole time! But it was great staying at Christines (Watching bride Wars in the home theater eating Olive Garden dessert, pretty hard to beat it!) and I think we pretty much talked our faces off. We found shopping paradise, it is known to those on earth as Taipan Trading! We also found shopping heaven, it is known as Cherry Lane in Provo. Love Love Love!! We finally just started laughing, because halfway through the day we realized that every 10 to 30 seconds we were all sucking in our breath at everything! I have no clue how many times I heard or said "OH! LOOK at this!!" but it had to be in the hundreds! I have so many fun ideas of things I MUST make! Plus I bought the purse of my dreams! It was fun getting to see Em at beauty school, she is doing great! Poor Katie is newly preggo and not feeling good at all but she was a trooper. We looked at houses, visited Temple square with Raquel, slept, talked, laughed, and shopped. Pretty much perfect! Hopefully next time Bri will be with us!!
FINALLY:
I got the "real" wedding pictures back, the ones of our family, and the cake I did and the cupcakes look so much better in these so I thought I'd post them.



I have been going nonstop, I did hair all day yesterday again (which was fun, really, but tiring) and I am so excited to be taking today OFF! Woo hoo! Mark got the kids off to school so I could sleep in and veg, then I went and got a really great mani pedi with a hot rock massage. I'm hoping that I can schedule my hair trade massage for this week, too. Woo HOO! Believe it or not, there is more I could update, like Homeschool, summer plans, new crafts in the works, etc but for now........Janel.......OUT



1 comment:
so many great pictures...you know I can look at cakes all day. And I especially love your family picture. You have been crazy busy!
Post a Comment