
I know it is hard to imagine, but Wyatt turned 8 this month and was baptized on Saturday, March 20th. It was such a special day for our family. Wyatt is just growing up so fast and he was really being serious and appreciating his important event. He is such a good obedient boy!! He gets a little crazy every now and then like any typical boy but he really tries to be a good example to his friends and choose the right. He is our Jolly Fellow, always happy and cheerful! I just love him to death! Tonight I was trying to give him a kiss goodnight tonight and he didn't want to! He said kisses were disgusting, even from his mom and he is way too old for that. Well, as you can imagine I had to wrestle him down and kiss him anyway!
We had a really nice program. Cade gave the Baptism talk, he did a good job and was pretty funny up there. It is good practice for him to speak any time he can. Sadie and I sang Beautiful Savior, and Grandma Dianne gave the Confirmation talk. She did SUCH a good job that now Dayton already has her pegged to do his confirmation talk next year. Everything went off without a hitch, so I'd say it was a smashing success!
The baptism was at 9:30 so afterward we had a little family brunch here afterward. We felt SO BAD because there were several people we should have invited and we just were so busy and wrapped up we just didn't even think of it. Dumb. We are SO sorry if you would have liked to come and we didn't call you, we are just retardos sometimes!


We had a yummy brunch for the family, we had 2 egg casseroles, blueberry muffins, a TO DIE FOR blueberry sour cream coffee cake,(Amy Scotts recipe, highly recommended and will be repeated!) fresh fruit, and strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar on top. Of course OJ and chocolate milk. It was such a reverent day, gorgeous weather, really perfect. I love my family and loved spending the day with them!

7 comments:
How exciting my niece also was baptized that day at 12:30. And look at all the yummy food!!!!
So happy for Wyatt. He is so sweet. It would have been so great to be there. I can just picture him being all serious about the baptism..
You look soooo great in that first picture!! I love that dress on you!!
Ughh I'm so sad I missed this! It sounds like everything was fabulous! I'll definitely be there for little Dayton's!!
So sorry we missed it! Scott's mom was in town and i had already bought tickets to a children's play that we went to. It looks like it was so super nice! Love ya!
I'm totally crying right now! He is so grown up and to have just been with him makes me miss him and your family even more! we love you so much!! are auntie kisses gross too??
awww, Jenn! ((HUGS))
LOL!! I had that same discussion about kissing my 8 year old boy. Thats funny. Also I think he looks like John did when he was younger!
Post a Comment