Is when you make it into a pillow!! So I have been bitten by the crafting and even more so the sewing bug lately. I have been dying to make something, anything!! Today I took a little side trip to Goodwill and I picked up a couple of sweaters. It was actually hard because I saw a lot of adorable sweaters that i would wear, from J Jill, Colwater Creek, Talbots, seriously cute ones! I had to keep moving, I had a mission, but lets say, I need to find some more fun things to do with sweaters! I need to live somwhere colder so I can wear them more! anyway. I grabbed a couple, I had to keep telling myself "There will always be a thousand (literally) sweaters at Goodwill, they will always be 5.99 or less, you can always come back!"
I got this one because it matched Sadies new room perfectly

The pillow I originally wanted to use, ^ but it ended up too big so I changed to this one: An oldie that is too fragile to wash, but too dingy to actually use on a bed

I cut the sweater body to the size I needed

And sewed it just like a regular old pillow like in 7th grade Home Ec, except its a cute ribbed chenille accessory.

This was literally a 30 minute project! And I'd say 15 of those minutes were spent hand sewing the little hole after it was turned and stuffed. I am a TERRIBLE hand sewer. I have to work on that one.
Since it was so easy......I decided to do another one :D
>

This was a Lane Bryant sweater, so it had a little more chenille to work with.......4.99! But what to do with the edging.....I didn't want it to go to waste!

YEAH! I love it! Hopefully since I have lots of red in my house it won't seem too christmasy, and I might add more of a cluster of chenille flowers, but I think its a good start. YAY me! I finally crafted!
4 comments:
How cute! Love it! I want to learn how to make that head band you got in Utah. Love the Pillows!
Very cute Martha, I mean Janel !!! :)
Ohhhh my. I can't wait to come home and craft next month!! Sooo cute!
Stop it! I love it! Now I want to make them...but I can't sew.
Post a Comment