Wowzers, what a crazy couple weeks! Last week was all about my MIL Dianne's wedding shower. It was so fun to do, but SO much work! We had about 70 fun ladies show up! Luckily I had amazing ladies to delegate big jobs to so I could focus on making the desserts. I am so sad I don't have any pictures right now of it, because our photographer got tricked by mapquest and was way late, but I took some with my moms camera, which she took home with her so I'll have to wait until this weekend to get them off of her card. I'll be sure to do a shower post :D
This past week was So fun! We had John and Jenn and their 6 kids here all week and we played and worked our bootys off! And we ate ourselves into oblivion with all of the favorite restaurant requests. You know if John is here the trip will revolve around the meals, mainly Aloha Kitchen. They put up a pool table in our loft, got pedicures, Made multiple trips to DI to pick up Jenns sister from work, we made lots of fabric flowers, we shopped for dresses at the mall with all the girls, we did a Tillys and Target trip, and helped with the wedding. It was all fun. The kids played and played until they dropped every night. Later in the week we had Jenns mom Linda and Raquel here from Utah. It was a houseful, but luckily we had room and it all worked out great.
Friday and Saturday were our busiest days, Friday was helping decorate the church for the Wedding, then Wyatts 8th birthday party at a nearby park, then shopping at the mall, then a family party with the "new" side of the family. We were gone alllll day! And when I got home, I had a wedding cake to frost and construct!
Some of Wyatts birthday photos-the lego cake was actually harder to make than the wedding cake!!
Then Saturday was the big wedding day, but in the morning we had a bridal shower in Chandler for Marks cousin Brads fiancee, and then home to get all 17 of us ready to look cute for pictures!We had the clothes iron and the flat irons going full speed for a couple hours straight! Those pictures will have to wait until I get those professional ones back too, I was busy setting up the cake during a lot of the picture taking
Due to the crappy lighting along with my point and shoot camera, this looked much better in person, so hopefully pro pics will do it some favors :D
The wedding was really nice, but the best part was catching up with so many fun people that I havent seen in ages, extended family, and old ward members. I was so thrilled at how many people came to support Dianne and CT. It was wonderful and I know they appreciated it. Once I get good pictures back I will do a fun wedding post.
I wish I could say that now I can crash and recover a little, but I got a popcorn order today, Daytons birthday is wednsday and Wyatts baptism is Saturday (9:30 a.m. at the Bella Vista bldg in case you want to come!) So things are just back to busy as usual.

4 comments:
Holy cow -- that is BUSY! I'm so happy for Diane. What a great weekend!!!! The cake was GORGEOUS!
I'm so bummed we're still going to be in VA for Wyatt's baptism :( Tell him how proud we are! And good luck with all those birthday parties.
Miss you! I think we need a reason to get together again. It's been over a month.
Warning, I might just hire you to do my wedding cake if that is the kind of work you do...beautiful! I am SO sad I am not going to be there for Wyatt's baptism...I am flying in on Tuesday!
The cake looks great! I'm so glad you posted pictures!
It really was a whirlwind wasn't it! Thanks again for looking after mom. we are busier than ever back at home. sorry for all the cheats on the diet... i hope you are not too mad at me for eating all the time!!! LOL
Jenn
Post a Comment