Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Projects

I think the week between Christmas and New Years is my favorite! All the craziness is over and it feels relaxing. I love the kids being busy with all their new stuff. I'm dying to get this place cleaned up and de-Christmasfied though. I went to Thatcher for a couple days and did some fun projects. And here is a picture of the fun aprons I've been making over the last few weeks:

This one is Emily's. I got the perfect model for this, huh?? How cute is she?? I'll be making a few extras to have in my salon to sell, so If you want one let me know. They are reversible and there is SO much cute fabric to pick from out there. The top is gathered and they are nice and long. I am going to make myself one to match my kitchen. What that is exactly, I'm not too sure yet.


Em wanted to see how to make cake pops but we couldn't find sticks in Thatcher so we settled for cake balls. Of course, just as delicious, I can't decide if they are easier or harder than the pops. Hard in a different way I guess.

We got to see Nick and Hannah and the kids home for the holidays from BYU Hawaii, the kids had a ball.







Nick took the whole crew- cousins and cousins-in-law to track deer and run around in the desert.




We also made another really cute project, but I can't show it because it is a surprise for 2 of my other sisters :D


And finally, I had a chance to work on some fun fabric flowers I had been wanting to try. This is one type:



Hopefully soon I can work on the other types of fabric flowers I wanted to try, there are just too many things I want to try all the time!! There are some really elegant ones that I want to make, these are the more fun and easy ones.

I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing "off" week, I'm staying home with the kids for New Years (Cade has a party) and we will be here ringing it in and looking forward to a productive new year with new challenges and hopefully good new personal changes.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! MWAH!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man my chest just looks so good in that gathered apron!! Haha I love it so much! And I wore the pink and brown flower in my hair today, thanks so much! I can't wait for Saturday, but it'll be bitter sweet!!

Burwell's Bits said...

I love the apron!!! Will you show me how to make one??? Pretty please. I wish I were closer, we are now at Cooper and Elliot, because I want to come craft. You are amazing!!!

lizlaughs said...

I love that apron, it is so cute! I have been making aprons too, they are so fun. Happy New Year!

Maddy said...

I'm in love with the aprons too! You are the Queen of all Crafts!

Amy F. said...

How fun! You know how to ring in the new year in style. I love that you do so much, like make time to make crafts and stuff! I love the fabric flowers too! Teach me okay?