Christmas Eve we had my MIL Dianne over and she spent the night here which is a fun tradition. We had a late Mexican dinner and a nice Christmas devotional where we read scriptures, sang songs and watched this:
if you have a minute, it is pretty good. I made it a couple years ago. Just, ya know, pause------------------->
Life Of Christ
FINALLY its time to go to bed so Santa can get here already! Dayton thought he should leave Santa a special message on the white board outside. All on his own, he included Wyatt. He didn't even tell me about it, I just happened to see him doing it. I'm not sure what it all means, but it was very important I'm sure :D Adorable!
Looks like Santa got the message, and was hungry for the pumpkin pie and Coke!
Christmas morning started with this:
Running and leaping down the stairs to see what Santa brought
We were so lucky Santa was good to us. Cade got his Patriots Wes Welker throwback Jersey, Sadie got a Hamster, Cooper got the Lego set he was DYING for , Wyatt got 12 inch Snake Eyes ands Storm Shadow (GI Joes) and Dayton got the Batman Imaginext. Everyone was so thrilled! I got Mark a power mat to charge his many many devices (which is not going to work out so it has go back :( and he got me a new camera!! YEAH! Coopers other highlight was getting New Orleans Saints Jersey, when he opened it he pretended to faint, which was too funny.
We had the nicest, calmest day, it was really fun and peaceful! The kids were so involved in their new things, we got to rest and take naps. Moments after this was snapped, I was crashed on the other empty couch:
We watched Christmas story (again) and Christmas Vacation.
Then my whole family came over : Mom, dad, grandma, Emily, Katie and Kam, Jason and Ava, and my cousin Adam and his gf Jaime. We had curry dinner and rolls and all the usual yummy stuff. Then it was time for presents again! Woo hoo! I got to give out all the APRONS I had been making over the last month or so. Finally!! We all got more fun stuff and then we all crashed! Especially me.
The party continued today, everyone came back over and we did hair, then had some leftovers, and went to do family pictures (which are going to be FABulous, I'm so excited!!) and then we came back and played Settlers. The kids all wanted to go with my mom back up to Thatcher, so we packed them all up and everyone took off except Cade, Katie and Kam, so we went out to dinner at Applebees, it was so good. Mark had to work, bummer.
Although there was lots I didn't get to do, there was lots that we did, and it was all pretty great! I am so grateful for ths season we have to celebrate the birth of Christ and make so many fun family memories and traditions. I am looking forward to setting some great new goals, and this year will hopefully be a great new start and much more successful that 2009. Do you have any goals that you are setting for yourself ?? I'd love some great ideas!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:
So glad you all had a great Christmas! I love all the boys showing off their mega big and bad boy stuff and then there is Sadie with her little pretty pink corner...too fun! I would seriously love to be at your house on Christmas morning.
As for my goals for 2009...get in shape!! These last few months have been rough as far as eating/exercising goes.
I love all the pictures. And I'm sure you did plenty of things, so letting a few things slide was OK. I think my favorite picture was Wyatt jumping off of the stairs!
In 2009 I want to be better at remembering people's birthdays and doing something -- a card, a gift, call. . .SOMETHING! Everyone want to feel special on their birthday, right??
How fun. Your kids are a crack up! The pictures are priceless!
Janel,
Love all the fun pictures of your beautiful family. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!
Wishing you the very best in 2010!
Hugs, Bobbi Jo
Post a Comment