Thursday, October 15, 2009

My $14 Bathroom Redecorate

It only took me a year and 3 months and a lot of yammering on about it........But I finally knocked it out! Here is the before:


I didn't realize these were sideways, and since they're just lame-o befores, I'm not bothering to fix it:
My brother Jason helped me take hte mirror off the wall over the sink/toilet, it covered the whole wall. Not so stylish



Bathroom pictures are hard, there are just no good angles to show it all. Nothing to see here anyway :D I left it messy on purpose...to add to the drama LOL ya right :D

Heres the lowdown of all the changes:
*Painted ordinary oak cabinet black (spray painted and then distressed) :Leftover spray paint $0.00

*Painted walls beige khaki color: leftover paint from family room $0.00

*Hung mirror that was given to me from my friend Wendy $0.00

*Installed new towel rack that I bought over a year ago that has been sitting in the box collecting lint next to my dryer $0.00 (I count it as free since I bought it so stinkin long ago!)

*Replaced tulips with new fall flowers I got on sale at Michaels $2.50

*Hung up 2 tin mirrors from D.I. that my mom bought me $0.00 (cuz they were a gift, right?? :)

*Replaced old rug with new rug from Walmart $5.00

*New towels for fall from Walmart $6.50

*Ribbon and Berries on towels from around the house $0.00

*Re hung old shower curtain $0.00

Grand total:$14.00!!!!!!

AFTER:





Closeup of my distressed cabinet. I debated doing it, but I wanted it to match the mirror. I have black knobs to put on it too. I love it!

This was a really fun project, I didn't actually take too long, just a few hours. This is the one room downstairs I've been hating, and now its fixed!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

It looks really nice. I would have been nervous to do the cabinet. It turned out great!

The Tyler's said...

It looks amazing!!!
Great job. Love that big mirror!

Remodeling Guy said...

WOW! This is an amazing transformation! And for $14.00!!! I'm thoroughly impressed and I'll be finding an opportunity very soon to share this on my blog!

Thanks for letting me know!

Tim

Mamacita said...

Wow! It looks great. I REALLY want to redo my kids bathroom. Just need some motivation.

Anonymous said...

It looks really good!

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Janel,
Great job on the bathroom. Did you spray paint the cupboard while it was in the bathroom?If so how did you do that? I just don't like the regular cabinets in the track houses like ours.
The mirrors are wonderful! I am so impressed. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Janel said...

Yes, I did spray paint them in the bathroom. It was close quarters in there....whew!Very....fume-y. And I really should have taped off even more than I did. I'm going to do my kitchen island next :D