Monday, June 01, 2009

Summer: chapter 2

I survived the first week of summer!!! So far is has been quite nice, if mabye a little expensive. At least I have my coupon adventures that keep us in free snacks which is helpful. Heres what we have done so far:

Monday (memorial day): Roosevelt Lake with the kids and my family. WAY fun and hopefully a frequent activity

Here's Sadie and Dayton with their cousins Ava and Dane.

Tuesday: Lunch and a buffet, and over to MIL's to help with chores after her knee surgery and swimming

Wednsday: Cleaning and some shopping for activities. We got an adorable 550 piece puzzle, and a new Guitar Hero bundle (its getting older, and so its a lot cheaper!)


Thursday: kids finished the puzzle (drat!) and we cleaned up and went grocery shopping (NEVER taking them again!)
Should we look a little more enthused?? It was a funny puzzle, it was of a People Zoo and all animals were walking around looking at the people on display. It made us laugh. I just didn't think they'd get it done in 2 days!



Friday: Library day, Mark came with us and all the kids got cards and books. That was fun.

Saturday: more cleaning (imagine that!) Cade had parties all day and we had a dinner with all of our most wonderful Elgin Peeps and then game night. Mafia is super fun, although I totally suck at it!! It was fun watching everybody get so wound up! I'd love to say lets do it again.......but everyone is LEAVING!! Brats!!

Sunday: The usual church, singing in choir, and we took Cade to a special priesthood meeting. It was really good.

And now again is....Monday. What do we have planned for this week?? Weeel, I have to do some hair, which is good, I'll be hitting the gym everyday, the boys are super involved in Legos right now. I have to get Cade to Thatcher for his fiddling camp starting this week, so we might be there a couple days. Probably a dollar movie (to which I have free passes) and I promised Cooper I'd get shelves for his lego collection in his room. Then Sunday I am going with my MIL and Sadie on a fun quick roadtrip to UT to see my SIL and neice and all the Utah cousins. I can't wait for that is will be fun to get away. We really do have to get the kids out of the house everyday, just to feel like they "did" something. And it gives everyone an excuse to brush their teeth and get dressed :D

2 comments:

Penny Jane said...

oh yay! when will you be here? if you email me ill give you my cell number

pennyraisor@gmail.com

Melanie said...

You're supposed to "misplace" some of the puzzle pieces so that it takes longer.....