Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hey ya

I have to get a life, I am blogging WAY too much! I need something that will install into my computer and automatically shut me down after a certain amount of time a day or something. Does anyone else get a buzz from the computer?? I can almost feel my brain being massaged when I am looking at the screen. I can't turn away. It can't be a good thing. I go through phases where all I want to do is get on here. Then it goes away a little and I do other stuff. The computer babysits me when Mark is at work, which is a lot.
I guess it would be classified as escapism. Hey at least I'm not drinking or something, right?? Blogging: the clean living escape. LOL

I was saved by Jill today, I was gonna bag the gym and I saw her going after preschool, so I tagged along. I'm really glad I did, because I was already kicking myself for not going, even before I hadn't gone. Does that make any sense? I did a really good arm workout, and after tuesdays legs, I should pretty much be in a vegatative state by morning, because I'm still doing the George Jefferson walk today. SO pair that with the arms that look like I'm holding suitcases while I'm walking (like molly shannon on SNL....CLASSIC!! LOL) I'll be a real winner tomorrow. My HIIT yesterday was a sad tale. I peaked out at a 6.5 for 45 seconds in the 19th minute. How sad is that?? I was at one time busting a 45 second level 9! Its sad how far I have fallen. I need to set some goals for my HIIT. I am pleased with my 3 days in a row. Tomorrow is looking good for another HIIT. Eek. I will admit that I already am feeling better, less chubby, although I'm sure I''m the same weight and body comp. Its such a mental game it's freaky.

Nutrition is quite lacking. We have again hit YC's for the 3rd time in a week. Mark is totally, hopelessly addicted, and I really like it too. ts hard to rationalize eating anything else, because its so stinkin healthy. I am going to definetly cut out the Rockstars. I cant afford them, first of all, ( I spend all my $$ at YC's now! LOL)and I should not be drinking all those chemicals. Screw the Taurine, Guarine, Ginseng, whatever, I don't need it. It dosen't even really give me that much energy, I can drink one and go right to sleep. Anyway, if I'm not eating YC's I eat fruit snacks or nothing. Its terrible. I'm just sick of food in general. It has to be the heat. Who wants to eat in 112 degree weather? The only thing that sounds good is.......well I just told you. I really have been craving a turkey bacon wrap on a whole what tortilla. with lettuce and tomato and mustard. I can't wait to go grocery shopping tomorrow, it should be fun.

Tomorrow night Cade has his first scrimmage for football. I'm already getting nervous and planning what he should be eating beforehand, making sure he has Gatorade, all that stuff. Unfortunately, I think he will be cornerback, which is a pretty lame position, so hopefully he will be cool with it and mabye get a chance to do something good. Its tough to be the newbie on a team.

Sadie started Dance this week officially, she is so excited. Heres a funny story, I guess today she had a book report due that she had slipped by me (she did that once last year and got in HUGE trouble) so this is how she handled it. I found this note on my bed last night after she was asleep:

TO: Mom
From: Sadie

URGENT
Read before Thursday 8/23

Dear Mom, I should be grounded tomorrow because I have not done my book report. It is due tomorrow. I have to remember to do things on the right time.

Truly yours,
Sadie

How adorable is that?? Of course she is grounded for the rest of the week and she had 1 extra day to do it or else no parties this weekend, but still, what a girl. Love her! She got it done of course.

OK THIS is the longest post EVER!

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

As long as you can admit to being addicted to the computer, that's all that matters! It's when you are in denial where there is a problem! I love the time difference between us and AZ because I can go to bed and wake up and have new posts to read! It is truly sad how addicted I am. I have to limit myself to only being on the computer when the boys are asleep or eating. Then I don't feel bad constantly being on it!
I loved Sadie's note. How cute, and how hard not to be too angry! :)

smilingsarahbear said...

Uh... yeah... I think I can pretty much absolutely relate to being addicted to the computer and blogging. But like you said- it could be something so much worse. Way to go on the working out so much! And your daughter's note was too cute!

Maddy said...

I don't know what all of these abbreviations mean! HIIT? YC? I need to eat there if it is that good! I'm racking my brain!

And I love the Sadie story. That is priceless.

Stef said...

Just saying HI!!!!!

=)

Janel said...

LOL Maddy....HIIT is a term in BFL for the 20 minute aerobics solution. You do 4 rounds of interval training in 20 inutes, with your last minute being a fast as you can go sprint. HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. Its sucks, but at least its short.

YC's is the name of the mongolian grill that just opened by the new Harkins. Its one of those places where you get a bowl and fill it with all the meat and fresh veggies you can, then they cook it right there for you and you add all your own sauces. They have soup and won tons too, and frozen yogurt. Its SO good, yes, you should go there!!

I tried to convince Cade he would like it. He says.."mom, I don't like Chinese" I said "No, its good, its mongolian grill!" and he just looks at me and says "Uh...where do you think Mongolia IS??" SO I guess I can't outsmart my kid anymore.

Lori said...

yeah, I blog all day long at work then I still can't stay away when I get home. It's SICK.

doidle said...

Hi Janel. I was so addicted too. I've tried to cut it out, but it seems if I spend less time reading blogs etc., my weight goes up. hmmm