Monday, August 27, 2007

Good Monday

Just got back from the gym, I did legs today and it felt pretty good, I worked hard on a smith machine squat circuit, lunges, deadlifts, plie squats, then quads and hammies. I pushed it hard for 40 minutes, Yay me! Also clean eating and lots of water and NO Rockstar or soda! And yes I have a headache already! LOL I can see glimpses of my fit body under the pudge and it gives me hope. A lot of my muscle is still there, so that is encouraging. The main ones I've lost the most (that I can tell, anyway) are abs, shoulders and quads. I'll be working hard to get those all back. Within the next couple weeks I want to start doing my old friday night runs. I'm always bored on friday night anyway, and it should start cooling down after dark in about a month (or less) and it really boosts my fat loss and my mood to do one long 4.5 mile run a week on top of my other cardio and weights. Anybody want to come along??

I was having fun sportin my new Shox today. They are orange,silver and white. Mark got them for me as a surprise just because I have been working so hard and pampering him and doing everything. I thought that was SO sweet! Its nice to be appreciated. Love Love Love that guy!!


Looks like I'm set up for a really good week. Busy and productive, that is what I'm shooting for!

8 comments:

smilingsarahbear said...

Way to start off the week and way to go to your husband on getting you a surprise. I have wanted Shox forever... maybe for Christmas! Keep it up and good luck with quitting the caffeine. I need to so bad but I'm pretty scared of the withdrawals I know I'll have! Wish I could go running with you!

KatieFeldmom said...

YAY for no caffeine!!!
YAY for the Shox!!!
YAY for Mark!!! You deserved it!!!

The Tyler's said...

Sounds like you are SERIOUS about this loosing weight thing! I would love to start running with you...when it cools down!
I'm so jelous of your cute new shoes!

Maddy said...

I'll come running -- but 4.5 miles? Do yu KNOW how out of shape I am? maybe if you can just drop me off half way through.

And I'm so jealous you are so driven. I don't know how you do it! It's easy for me when Dustin is home and helping, but weeks when I know he'll be leaving, I just can't do it! I've totally fallen off the wagon. After about a week and a half. I suck!

Missy said...

Ok, so I totally don't even know you and I happened on your page...what...someone else has 5 kids almost the exact ages of mine? Crazy!! I have a 10,9,7,6,4. That is just really rare...sorry, I just had to comment!

Anonymous said...

Great job on that workout!!! Yup, those muscles will be peeking out very soon!

caseyann said...

hey janel. sorry for not calling you back yet.. loser friend. (me) i will call you tomorrow.. i'm ready for my second coloring.. cya

caseyann said...

oh yeah one more thing. i miss miss miss working out with you. you need to come back to mountainside!!!! yeah right . i can wish right. lol