I have always known that having kids was gonna go by quickly. And don't get me wrong, I have a lot of years left in the mommy trenches, we haven't even hit teen-dom yet. Something is very different about this year. Mabye an example of my last 24 hours will illustrate what I am talking about.
I worked all day doing hair yesterday, then made a quick dinner. Some people didn't like what I made so they made their own dinner. Then Mark was working and I wanted to go out to a girls night out thing so I settled the kids in with a movie, (I now have 2 that can "babysit") and I left. I came back 2 hours later to find Cade in bed asleep, and the rest of the kids still on the floor in the dark watcing a different movie. House still cleaned up. They went to bed (they were so tired form the first week of school they could hardly argue) and I crashed. Nice. This morning Cade Cooper and Wyatt went to the lake with some friends from school. I felt a little misty about them going to the lake without me. I know they will be safe, thats not it, and I'm thrilled that they are out doing something fun, but I think it is that it is such a rite of passage in my mind. I grew up at the lake. That is what 3/4 of my happy teenage family memories are is of the lake, the boat, and it was so much fun. Now my little kiddos are there without me, riding the tube, wind in their face, having a blast. It really makes me want to get one of my brothers to take us out. Anyway, my other point to this story is that I always know that the boys would be off doing things with friends without me, busy and hardly home. I just never thought it would start this early. But it is already starting. I have to say honestly that this is tougher than the first day of school this year. I have a sad little pit in my stomach, like they are growing up way too fast.
On another note, Sadie just came in and wanted me to take her to circle K to get a soda so she can have a treat while she cleans her room. Oh my. Another one growing up way too fast and already picking up my bad habits. Yikes!
PLEASE LEARN FROM MY STUPIDITY,HERE, PEOPLE!!
I am going to put this out to show you whatr NOT to do. This is me in the black dress last month at the wedding. Chubby cheeks, badonkadonk, big round soda tummy. I'm trying very hard to suck it in and twist at a flattering angle, but its not quite happening. Very hard to look at.

This is me with my dad last Thanksgiving. I was ready to run a 10K that day but coudn't becuase I was hosting dinner. I looked good. I FELT good. I was even able to lose 10 additional pounds before Christmas. So the goal is: Get back to where I am here in the pink sweater again by this coming Thanksgiving, and lose another 10 before Christmas, just like last year. I really want this, so I will make it happen.

6 comments:
Hey Janel! I don't care what you think- you're still beautiful! I'm amazed that you are always thinking about your health even if you are in a rut. You always seem so motivated and that's awesome. We should get together again sometime. I need a good motivating boost to live more healthy. Take care!
Are you mad at me? You gave me your stomach flu!!! Ugh!! Kicked in right after we got home from Girls Night Out. As bad as you described.
Doesn't it stink that we can't just get to our target weight and STAY THERE?
=)
They do change so quickly. I'm so jealous that you have babysitters now, that's gotta be the coolest.
About the working out and soda, I totally understand. You sound pumped to reach your goals though, so no worries. You've done it before, so you'll do it again. Just like your friend Sarah said, you're BEAUTIFUL!
Well Janel, you already know you can do it because YOu did it already. Now it's just getting the mindset to do it.
You know you have a big family when you refer to them as "some people". That cracked me up.
Well I think you look great! You looked adorable yesterday.
Post a Comment