Monday, July 30, 2007

I have been so sick. I'm really ready to be done with it. Wednsday night it hit me hard int he form of a nasty stomach thing. No barfing, because I chickened out (I hate throwing up) but it was a rough night. Thursday I was in bed with guts churning and stabbing body aches. At about 6 Thursday nite it just dissappeared, but I still had the aches. I of course had things planned for Thrusday and now had to double up my Friday activities, so I took some Advil and trucked on at high speed, which resulted in a Saturday afternoon relapse into low-grade fever, and stabbing body pains. I did realize though that if I keep myself doped up on painkillers(nothing serious, OTC stuff)I could function at about 75%. Unfortunately its moved into my chest now and I am still left with a general "malaise" that won't go away. So I remain on Dayquil.

Today I medicated, drank a Rockstar, and then went to the gym, so I was pleased with myself for getting right back to it. I just knew that if I didn't go and do SOMEthing I could lose a whole week to excuses, and I am too determined at this point. I ended up with a pretty decent workout. I did 30 minutes of cardio on a 8.0 incline, then legs. Smith machine, calves, leg curls and extensions. My leg extensions were EXTREMELY weak. I have never felt them that weak, but considering that my whole body aches without pain relief, I'm just happy I eeked out 3 sets. Then I was good and came home and made chocolate protein oatmeal. It tasted ok, but its not sitting real great. bleh. I just feel good having sweated and exerted myself. I REFUSE to wimp out. But if I don't feel better tomorrow, I'm gonna have to go to the Dr. I truly can't even remember the last time I have been sick, so I guess I was due.

My food plan is going to include some yummies from Rae (chicken cacciatore and chicken curry-YUM) and probably some gems from Amyella as well. I really need to get the food portion of my goals going. Their stuff looks so delicious and I can't wait to try it. I have the pic with my dad on my screensaver and it is really motivating me. I want those B cups back!!!! (sorry, Mark) ;)

4 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Hope you are back to feeling 100% soon!!! Take care!!!

The Tyler's said...

Sounds like the plan is going great! I looked for you at the gym and didn't see you!?

Stef said...

Take care of yourself girl!

=)

KC said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Your last post moved me to tears! That is why I am trying to cherish every moment with my baby Jude, and why I really don't mind at all if he sleeps in our bed, no matter what "they" say. I know he is going to grow up too fast. I love reading your stories about your family. I learn so much.