Monday, July 23, 2007

Its the most wonderful time of the year...:D






Oh can we all sing it together?? LOL I love that Staples commercial when the song is playing and the dad is merrily tossing school supplies into his cart. hee hee. I feel like I have graduated into some secret society that all the big time moms enter into when the kids are all at school. Well, I'm still a "school mom sorority" pledge, since I still have 1 at home, I can take a well-behaved 4 year old just about anywhere, and the little sweetheart played on the computer for an hour and let me nap without interruption. WHEEEEEE!! Did I mention that I LOVE structure??? I do so much better when I have things on my schedule. Speaking of which, I got my Blackberry up and running today, I have needed this desparately! Today was all fun and games, homework was light, etc. You don't even want to see all the crap I have coming up. I will really need the downtime in the days to get me through the afternoons I have coming up. I really do have plenty of time to do everything, if I stay focused and organized. I feel up for the challenge. I've been really good about scheduling things after 9 am, so I have time to get to the gym every morning. I saw some pictures of myself from thanksgiving last year, HOLY MOLEY have I gained. I mean it is very scary. I had no clue how much better I looked last year. It was a teeny bit depressing, but also very motivating. I WILL be looking good again by Thanksgiving. My new strategy for making being thin and fit a PERMANENT lifestyle is to set my big goal for Valentines day 2008. By then hopefully I will have gotten a clue on how to get fit and then STAY there!


OK so anyway.......the first day of school was great!!! The kids did great, Cade says this is the best teacher he's ever had, and it is going ot be the best year ever. LOVE the new attitude! Sadie loves hers too (although she was the only one with significant homework) and Cooper says that even though his teacher is supposed to be the meanest he is going to make her love him be being awesome. Wyatt loved his first day and is really excited to go back tomorrow. We are 4 for 4!!! Dayton had a great day too, I'm hopefully gonna keep him busy enough so he dosen't get bored.


On another note....I got the WEDDING PICTURES!!! Finally! I love them. Well all the ones without me in them :/ Oh well like I said, it was a gut check. I'm posting a couple, but it will be really hard to pick the best ones, they are ALL good!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful bride! How do you like your Blackberry? I want one so bad!

Are you getting my comments? (Nervous smile...) :)

Lori said...

WOW, she is beautiful. Looks like a lovely wedding.

School already? My daughter starts again in August. Well both of them do but I don't count college I guess. We have enrollment fo rthe one in HS on the 31st.

doidle said...

Wow, your school starts early!! I'm so glad your kids like their teacher. I can't believe you've gained that much, but I'm sure you're ready to kick some butt!!!!

KatieFeldmom said...

Having a set schedule is so nice. I do so much better. Glad that yours has started.

Love the pictures. Looks like it was a beautiful wedding. And your sister made a beautiful bride.

Janel said...

Eileen.....you are SO not wrong! The way I see it, at this stage, I need that downtime during the day because the after school/evening hours are so hectic, I have to have a fresh mental battery to cope.

The Tyler's said...

Ok the reception looks to die for!! So cute. You guys did a really great job.
I'm an idiot and must have the wrong email address. I sent those pics twice and they keep coming back!!

Anonymous said...

You are too cute. I was just making sure you were getting my comments. :)

Have a great week!!!

Maddy said...

She looked gorgeous. The whole things turned out so beautiful.

I'm glad you've been enjoying a few calm days before the storm.

caseyann said...

Janel! Everything turned out soooo beautiful! I'm so glad that school is back in too. I just need to plan my days better. We should get together during the day and scrapbook. That would be fun. see ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Wedding pics are beautiful!

So glad the kids had a great 1st day back to school. I so, LOVE, that commercial too!

Congrats on the Blackberry.

Don't worry you'll be hotter than ever really soon. It won't take much, I'm sure.

Pamela said...

LOVELY pics! well done! & yea right about not wanting to show ones of you.. you're always gorgeous -so there!
Now..WHAT is this about being back to school already?? blaaa my brain hurts! ~lol~ I know you & i have been thru this more than once but it still boggles my brain! We still have allllll the way to Sept thankyou very much!